Sideloaded Apps Respond Sluggishly

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Thanks for reading my post, hope someone can help me with this issue! I got a Nexus 7 in Canada (Wifi only), persuaded over to the Android side by my Samsung SIII. I have some game APKs from my phone and some new ones I just downloaded. But when I sideloaded them onto my Nexus, I found the controls for the games are slightly off...I can't tell if they're off to the side and so I'm hitting the wrong zone or if it's just responding slowly. But has this been a problem for anyone else? My sideloaded books seem to be okay.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
many apps have different APKs for different screen sizes/devices and the play store will automatically send you the correct file based on the device that it is being installed on. So the app developer made that apk for your phone and now you are trying to use it on the tablet so it is causing problems.

If you want the correct apk file, you should download it from the play store.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
many apps have different APKs for different screen sizes/devices and the play store will automatically send you the correct file based on the device that it is being installed on. So the app developer made that apk for your phone and now you are trying to use it on the tablet so it is causing problems.

If you want the correct apk file, you should download it from the play store.

spot on!!!!

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
That explains A LOT. Sigh. Part of the reason I got the Nexus was I loved my SIII's apps so much, I wanted another device to use them on so as to save my phone battery. Guess that won't be happening now.... Thanks so much for your help!

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
That explains A LOT. Sigh. Part of the reason I got the Nexus was I loved my SIII's apps so much, I wanted another device to use them on so as to save my phone battery. Guess that won't be happening now.... Thanks so much for your help!

If you bought them through the app store, you shouldn't have to pay for them again.