Email app no auto fit for html emails - really?!

totality

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if I'm missing something as its a basic feature. The gmail app auto fits HTML emails so you don't have to keep swiping about the page. For all other email you use the Email app and I cannot find this option?

What am I missing? Is the option hidden somewhere?

It not and there really isn't an option, what is the recommended 3rd party email app that people use?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you take a screenshot? It may be that the email your are receiving comes with flash elements that may disturb the application's auto-fit feature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
autofit feature for gmail was added a month ago. both gmail and exchange email didnt have this feature before.

i wouldn't be surprised if exchange didn't have this. but you can very well expect this on next android release.

totality

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
autofit feature for gmail was added a month ago. both gmail and exchange email didnt have this feature before.

i wouldn't be surprised if exchange didn't have this. but you can very well expect this on next android release.

Yeah I thought this was the case - ie the Gmail app was updated but the Email app was not. It doesn't make sense why they would update one and not complete the job though as it is a feature most phones let alone tablets seem to have outside of the Android world and makes it frustrating to deal with emails all day having to drag the screen about.

Is it on the roadmap for the next update, or can someone recommend a 3rd party app that can deal with Gmail and Exchange for a unified inbox such as with Windows phone and iPhone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante