Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    900 Global Posts

Default Re: Cannot connect to free public wifi network that requires a sign in/login page?

As with some others, I found Dolphin to be a better bet than Chrome at getting to an authentication page by typing in a random URL.

Once the authentication page was found on Dolphin, I made a point of saving the URL and creating a new shortcut to it on the browser's homepage. Now clicking on that brings me directly there.
    As for Chrome, a lot more of a struggle to achieve that first connection, but once there, I created a shortcut to the URL, placed on the tablet (the three dots at top right > Add to Home screen) and it gave me the same ability.

Both browsers struggle to work well on my N7 (2012) with 5.1.1, but that's a bigger problem of Google's creation.

Default Re: Nexus 7: Cannot connect to free public wifi network that requires a sign in/login page?

What worked for me is, I just opened the default android browser and the sign-in page came right up. That browser is good for something...

Galaxy tab 4 8.0
    Lollipop

Default Re: Nexus 7: Cannot connect to free public wifi network that requires a sign in/login page?

the incognito mode worked for me, thanks!

Thanks for solving a really frustrating problem for me too!

Try to visit clients3. Google. Com (3 words; remove spaces - can't post link bcoz of some stupid forum rules)

Default Re: Cannot connect to free public wifi network that requires a sign in/login page?

I had tried some of these things nope didn't work.... but as I was trying to figure out how to clear the cache on my tab S2 I stumbled across how to get in.... I clicked on user manual trying to find the connection optimizer page which is what shows up on my tab 3, it took me to the sign in page... looks like user manual is using a different browser than the one on the home screen... hope this helps someone

I was able to get this working by doing the following:
    • Turn off WiFi
    • Restart your device
    • Turn back on WiFi
    • It should connect to open WiFi and give you new Notification
    • Clicking notification now should load the browser and give you the prompt

Hello, I'm new to this site. I am having the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S6 on a hotel WiFi service. I've tried every suggestion above but with no luck. My Google Nexus 9 tablet and my girlfriend's iPhone both brought up the login page instantly. If anyone has any further ideas on a fix, I'd be really grateful. Thanks!

HI I tried this, refreshed my browse cache. At the network window, it shows my wifi is connected. When i try to go to the browser window and put in any URL, it just goes half way and gives me an error - 'Oops Error occured - URL does not exist or weak signal or page not found'. Please help how to resolve this. This is not happening with other people's phone. Just my phone so nothing wrong with the wifi.

Thank You!

I was having difficulty getting my Galaxy S5 to redirect to the log-in screen for wifi. After I deleted the data in Chrome it popped right up. Thank you!

Have you tried using a HooToo Router to setup a private wifi hotspot. These routers are made for hotel rooms that have splash pages. I have one and it works for what you want to do.

Go to any browser and just type 192.168.1.1 and bingo you will be directed to the web login page.

Quote Originally Posted by 12121211 View Post
    Go to any browser and just type 192.168.1.1 and bingo you will be directed to the web login page.
    Welcome to Android Central! This isn't always the case. Although that's a common address, different routers may use completely different addresses. It's usually on a sticker on the back of the router, or in the manual.

if you go to your browser and type in 192.168.1.1 it should redirect you to the welcome page of the service provider.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123