Can the Nexus 7 display colour pictures in the Kindle App

Graham Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the Amazon kindle app on my Nexus 7 and about 50 odd books, none of which have colour pictures in them. Question is, if I did get a kindle book with coloured pics, would they show their colour in the Kindle app? Also, would it be possible to resize them?

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Amazon kindle app on my Nexus 7 and about 50 odd books, none of which have colour pictures in them. Question is, if I did get a kindle book with coloured pics, would they show their colour in the Kindle app? Also, would it be possible to resize them?

There is a boo k out there called how to code for kinds.Simply code a junk beek with random characters, insert a few color pics. Then save it to your kindle folder and see if it works.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought a book from the kindle store that was all color pictures from the comic artist who writes The Oatmeal. It was fine on the nexus 7.

It probably depends by book. In a novel that happens to have a picture here or there the author may decide to go with a black and white pic whereas a comic book will keep it close to the source material

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Color pictures display just fine in the Android version of the Kindle app.

I see no settings that would allow individual color pictures to be resized separately from the document page itself, but there may be some way I don't know about. Pages can be resized.

cotodecaza

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 does display color pictures in the Kindle App. It also supports the automatic reading feature if the book supports it. Sorry, I forgot what the feature is called. It's when the Kindle App can read the text of the book in a somewhat robotic voice if you want to do that. It actually reads pretty nicely.

Last edited:

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Here is what the cover of "Life of Pi" looks like on the Kindle app:
uploadfromtaptalk1357777856480.jpg
When I long touched the picture it was highlighted and a menu popped up on top:
uploadfromtaptalk1357778045167.jpg
I selected zoom in the upper right corner and I got this:
uploadfromtaptalk1357778226024.jpg
So the picture went full screen. I reverse pinched the screen to zoom in:
uploadfromtaptalk1357778352459.jpg
It looks like the Kindle app will do what you need to do.

BTW, thanks for the question! I never tried doing these things and I had fun putting the Nexus 7 through it's paces.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol