Google Play Music

davidhm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having difficulty understand how this app works. I thought I would be able to upload my music library to the "cloud" and access it through the app. Is that true? if so, how? Can you point me to some instructions on the use of this app?
Thanks
David

indestructibleguy

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Then in your tablet when using Google music, you can choose to listen off the cloud ( requires WiFi/3G) or download the songs to your device for offline use. When you don't want them in your device anymore, just put them back in the cloud for next time. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Matt74uk

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Just a word of warning. Don't delete tracks from your device! I had it set to display only music stored on device, so assumed that to free space for another, different batch of tunes, I'd just delete the existing ones then build myself a new playlist to sync. What actually happened was I deleted the songs from my music / cloud library. It does say this in the help, but I'd not read that as it seemed sensible to me that it would delete from the device and then I could just resync it later.

KC28

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a question that I cannot seem to find the answer to concerning Google Music. I've got music on my Nexus 7 saved for offline use. Some have blue pins (vertical) and others have grey pins (set to an angle). I am able to unselect the blue pins which I think removes them from the device. I am able to turn the grey pins into blue pins but can only remove them by selecting "delete from device" which will also delete the song from my Google music account. Is there anyway to delete these songs without deleting them from the account? I have searched the file management system and cannot even find these songs. I can find the few songs that I copied from my PC and pasted to the Nexus. Please help as this is driving me nuts and I want to free up the memory.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
blue pins mean that the music is stored on your device for offline use. Grey means they are not and thus do not live on your device. if you tap a blue pin the music is no longer told to stay on your device no matter what.

Google Music by default will keep a cache of music on your device, even if you stream it. IIRC the limit is 2GB of cached music. This way if you want to listen to the same song again it doesn't have to redownload it. Once it hits 2GB it will delete the oldest songs from your device. I believe songs that were pinned will then become part of that 2GB rolling limit as well.

To change this behaviour you can go to settings in the music app and uncheck the "automatically cache" option.