How long does Nexus 7 repair take?

techdoozie

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I sent my Nexus 7 off a week ago and the online RMA tracker just says "repair in progress" I was hoping ASUS would work faster. After all, I did spend my money on a product of theirs that broke. So if any of you have sent your Nexus 7 in, I'd be happy to hear how long it took them.

More info: My N7 wouldn't turn on or charge, so I sent it in. I thought they'd just replace it and I'd be done with this nightmare. Obviously, I was wrong.

:'(

Kazza81

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know this too....think my Nexus has had it and will need to be sent off for repair. Same problems as yours too! So frustrating!

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got my N7 back from Asus (frozen on bootup) -- They received on 1/28 and I got it back on 2/6 -- so they had it for about 6 business days. They did overnight it back to me via FedEx.

techdoozie

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry it took so long for me to reply - Mine was back to me within 5 days of sending it. The device was in perfect condition and the problem was gone! Yay!

jokeyhaha

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been anxiously awaiting our repaired tablet. I authorized (and they acknowledged payment) on 2/6 and the RMA status on the website is still "Product repair is in progress.-[WF4] Wait for Customer Confirmation-Customer Induced Damage \Out-Of-Warranty 2013/01/30" . I hope it comes next week.

Kazza81

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone check their repair status and nothing changed? My tablet was picked up on Tuesday afternoon by TNT Express, the courier said it was going by air which is quicker but the repair status still says 'RMA accepted, we are waiting to receive the customers product'
It is going to Holland to be be repaired.....didn't think it would take this long to actually get there!

partsguy74

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine's been in for repair since Feb. 19th. The website still lists my rma number as "awaiting customer product to arrive". I have a delivery confirmation and have had multiple chat sessions with Asus support. It took them until Friday to escalate my matter. I have to check back in with them on Tuesday. I'm not very pleased with Asus repair as of this point.

Nexus7_Abe

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Warranty repair at ASUS through Currys / PC World: 3 weeks so far, no end in sight. What is worse is that there is absolutely no info on progress - and PC World don't give a damn.

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Why is PC world involved? Did the warranty via Asus run out?

Asus really only had my tablet for two days (received, repaired, mailed) to fix a blown speaker. The rest of the 7 days were mailing with a weekend in there.

William 246

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Warranty repair at ASUS through Currys / PC World: 3 weeks so far, no end in sight. What is worse is that there is absolutely no info on progress - and PC World don't give a damn.
Took mine into PC World (UK) on Feb 15 and they forgot to send it to Asus! Finally arrived at Asus on Feb 24 and I got it back on March 7. Apparently it had to go to the repair centre in the Netherlands so that added a few days in travelling time.
Hope you get yours back soon.

Last edited:

Nexus7_Abe

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
talonsmith: In the UK it is the retailer who is responsible for sorting out the repair - unfortunately, in this case!

William 246: It would not surprise me at all to find out eventually that PC World have not sent it off! They are absolutely useless (as you have experienced). Thanks for your good wishes.

illegalblaq

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I shipped mine on 3-11-2013 (last Monday) ups showed on the tracking Info that they received and signed for it on 3-13-2013(last wenesday) but they didnt update the site to show that they started repair until 3/15/2013 (last Friday) we are at EOD wenesday 3/20/2013 and still in the same status. I am a tech and I know realistically it shouldn't take this long to repair if in fact they did start repair on it last Friday. I'm not impressed with Asus at all at this point but based on this forum everybody is getting a different experience which is horrible that its not consistent across the board but great if your the lucky few getting your tablets back in a timely matter lol

ndokami

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I shipped mine on 3-11-2013 (last Monday) ups showed on the tracking Info that they received and signed for it on 3-13-2013(last wenesday) but they didnt update the site to show that they started repair until 3/15/2013 (last Friday) we are at EOD wenesday 3/20/2013 and still in the same status. I am a tech and I know realistically it shouldn't take this long to repair if in fact they did start repair on it last Friday. I'm not impressed with Asus at all at this point but based on this forum everybody is getting a different experience which is horrible that its not consistent across the board but great if your the lucky few getting your tablets back in a timely matter lol

Im in the same boat as you. I sent mine in last Tuesday via UPS and Recieved tracking info that it has arrived that at their TX facility on Friday. I check my RMA status on Monday
and get this message
"The system can't find records of your inquiry.

We recommend you contact your reseller or nearest ASUS Service Center.€‚

Note: Due to our internal process, the repair status of your machine will be available the day after it has been delivered at the ASUS Service Center.

Go Back"
I call them up and they said that they have received my tablet but the systems just haven't updated yet.

Now here i am on Wednesday March 20th and i get the same F'N message. i call them up and they said that they systems will be updated soon.. Ill give them till Friday to get back to me with some sort of info...

I am not happy with Asus right now....

illegalblaq

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It's a shame cause I've sent in laptops and phones to other companies and they manage to fix my product in a day or two. Sent in my ps3 to Sony and they fix it in a day I also didnt have to pay for shipping. Realistically a tablet there's very few things they can do to fix it and each of those processes only take a day to do unless they don't have parts on hand which would be sad on their part. I give them until Friday and then I'm talking to a mod.

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Mine is arriving tommorrow for the broken speaker. They shipped it ground and took 6 days to come sine the shipping notice. I'm curious if they fixed mine or replaced it with a refurb.