Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: How long does Nexus 7 repair take?

I sent my N7 is for repair to Asus. It took about 2 weeks. I just got it back yesterday. I originally sent it in because it wouldn't turn on. I have been using it for 4 months & it is under Asus 1 year manu. warranty. Problem #1 I got it back yesterday & it seemed to be working fine. This morning i wake up to it with an X in the center with a flashing square every 3 seconds. It rebooted itself at the time & seemed fine. However I just picked it up & it was turned off for some reason. Turned it back on & it seems ok. So there is still some issue with it turning itself off & rebooting. Problem #2 I originally purchased a 32Gb, it seems the one they sent back is an 8gb. So i will be back on the phone with Asus to complain about the shadiness of returning to be an 8GB not a 32GB, plus the other issue with the rebooting. I believe they just regutted my original N7 with an 8GB. The exterior is my original N7. Not happy. They tried pull a fast one on me
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jeneddie View Post
    I sent my N7 is for repair to Asus. It took about 2 weeks. I just got it back yesterday. I originally sent it in because it wouldn't turn on. I have been using it for 4 months & it is under Asus 1 year manu. warranty. Problem #1 I got it back yesterday & it seemed to be working fine. This morning i wake up to it with an X in the center with a flashing square every 3 seconds. It rebooted itself at the time & seemed fine. However I just picked it up & it was turned off for some reason. Turned it back on & it seems ok. So there is still some issue with it turning itself off & rebooting. Problem #2 I originally purchased a 32Gb, it seems the one they sent back is an 8gb. So i will be back on the phone with Asus to complain about the shadiness of returning to be an 8GB not a 32GB, plus the other issue with the rebooting. I believe they just regutted my original N7 with an 8GB. The exterior is my original N7. Not happy. They tried pull a fast one on me
    Your post sounds pretty unbelievable to me.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

After about 2 weeks, mine wouldn't react to the charger or boot up, and there was flicker on a black screen, it took five hours to fix, but I didn't ship it, took it to the store by myself.

I called Asus and told them about my situation. They were very apologetic. They initiated another RMA. They also had me take pictures of the settings page verifying it's an 8GB. I sent those off to an email address of someone higher up in ASUS that the customer service rep has given me. I am supposed to get a phone call from this person to discuss the situation. At this point I am demanding a brand new 32GB since the one i had was only 4 months old. A refurbished N7 won't cut it, especially after the debacle that has happened.
    Thanked by:

Yes mine's looking like its going to take that long........
    Currys said one week now its close to two weeks and they said they have no information so probably more like a month. I only bought the machine 1 month ago and it'll be at the repaiirs longer than I had it to use......lesson.....stick to Apple. Plus I cannot get money back....

Shame its really poor service that. Had mine a month and it broke. Think it is Andriod 4.2 related. Still waiting to get mine back after 2 weeks via Currrys. Good luck. I think I go back to Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeneddie View Post

Thumbs down Re: How long does Nexus 7 repair take?

So our 6 month old Nexus 7 is dead! Sent it in only to be told that "we" did something to it? Huh I don't think so. This product it faulty and has defective tendencies . What kind of company makes this kind of crap.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tenstrum View Post
    About 10 days for me for them to fix the USB port.
    How much did the repair cost you? My usb port needs to be repaced.

On Nov 1,2013 I sent my nexus 7 for repair to the Asus walk in center Logitech of Puerto Rico and up to today Feb 5 they do not have notificationd from the Asus repair depot. Logitech
    says that no matter how much they expedite the repair center is not responding. Did we lost our 7s in the bureocrasy of the repair center. Pls advice what else we can do to recover our
    units. The serial No on the one i sent is DOKBC227310. Pls contact Logitecch of Puertp Rico at 787 273 7691 or 787 296 4225. This is the only way we can communicate with Asus.
    Their warranty repair center friends have not been of any help so far...Pls advice!!! &%4@x Thks, Ramon

I had a asus vivotab that quit functioning shortly after purchase; I sent it to asus. They had it for about a week, three weeks total it to to ship, fix and receive . It was as good as new.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12