My new nexus won't power up without a usb
I am a new Nexus 7 owner and enjoying it so much. However, this morning for the first time I used the usb cord to my pc to transfer some photos and music. Now my Nexus will not turn on without having it attached to the pc or the charger. I booted it at least once before that with no problem. Now unless the the cord attached, it will not come on. I have tried to hold it down for 30 seconds and even uninstalled several apps trying to isolate the problem. I can't figure out what else to do. I have searched for answers here and a couple of other places, but everyone says that holding the button down for 30 seconds should work and it doesn't. I should mention that the Nexus has been fully charged or nearly fully charged the whole time.
Do I need to return it? Maybe a factory reset will do it?
Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Ldesjardin; 01-11-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Re: My new nexus won't power up without a usb
Well, I've requested an exchange for the Nexus. In addition to the powering issue, I also realized that it would not rotate when turned. Frustrating and disappointing. I am hoping that the next one works properly, but if not I'll be looking for another tablet (Kindle Fire HD or Samsung Tab 2 7.0). Keep your fingers crossed for me, as I really did love the Nexus 7 and had some trouble parting with it.
- 01-14-2013, 04:47 PM #3
- By Rinaldi Limeo in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 3Last Post: 08-27-2013, 12:34 PM
- By unknownx3 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-05-2013, 06:08 AM
- By o2bnclemson in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 12Last Post: 12-23-2012, 01:21 AM
- By snappjay in forum HTC One XReplies: 25Last Post: 09-04-2012, 03:59 PM
- By bogey golfer in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 3Last Post: 03-05-2012, 02:23 PM