1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My new nexus won't power up without a usb

Hi, all,
    I am a new Nexus 7 owner and enjoying it so much. However, this morning for the first time I used the usb cord to my pc to transfer some photos and music. Now my Nexus will not turn on without having it attached to the pc or the charger. I booted it at least once before that with no problem. Now unless the the cord attached, it will not come on. I have tried to hold it down for 30 seconds and even uninstalled several apps trying to isolate the problem. I can't figure out what else to do. I have searched for answers here and a couple of other places, but everyone says that holding the button down for 30 seconds should work and it doesn't. I should mention that the Nexus has been fully charged or nearly fully charged the whole time.

Do I need to return it? Maybe a factory reset will do it?

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Ldesjardin; 01-11-2013 at 05:13 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: My new nexus won't power up without a usb

Well, I've requested an exchange for the Nexus. In addition to the powering issue, I also realized that it would not rotate when turned. Frustrating and disappointing. I am hoping that the next one works properly, but if not I'll be looking for another tablet (Kindle Fire HD or Samsung Tab 2 7.0). Keep your fingers crossed for me, as I really did love the Nexus 7 and had some trouble parting with it.

Re the rotation - you know it is switched off by default? Swipe down from top-right and hit 'rotation locked'.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes, I knew about the rotation lock and switched it on first thing. I wonder if any other issues would have turned up if I'd waited a couple more days to send it in.