1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best way to move pics/media from phone to tablet

I've been using Google Drive, but is there a better, faster way that anyone knows of? Ideally, it would be nice to have a way to get them direct from phone to tablet somehow.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

Default Re: Best way to move pics/media from phone to tablet

For pics, how about just uploading them to Google+/Picasa so that they're in the cloud, accessible from your tablet and any other connected device?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    For pics, how about just uploading them to Google+/Picasa so that they're in the cloud, accessible from your tablet and any other connected device?
    That's a good option. I was just hoping there was something more direct, kind of like you see on those Samsung commercials where they can "bump" it from phone to phone or something. I take my pics in a fairly high resolution and it takes a while to upload, especially if I take a half-dozen or so at a time, which isn't uncommon. Didn't know if there was a related app that managed those automatic uploads a little more easily - that had a widget, for example, so you could toggle the auto-upload off/on.
    Palm Treo 755 --> Rooted Droid Eris --> Rooted HTC Thunderdud --> 2012 Google Nexus 7 and rooted Samsung Galaxy S4

I see a lot of mentions of on these forums. Might be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by o2bnclemson View Post
    I was just hoping there was something more direct, kind of like you see on those Samsung commercials where they can "bump" it from phone to phone or something.
    Well if your phone has nfc, you can do just that. Otherwise, you might want to look at using bluetooth.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I see a lot of mentions of on these forums. Might be worth a try.
    That looks promising. I downloaded it to my phone & tablet and will see how that works. If not, I'll look at nfc as well. Thanks!

you could possibly do a direct wired connection - many cameras plug right into the n7 and can xfer their pix directly.

If you have external flash memory on your phone, you can read that via the microUSB port as well with a OTG adapter and nexus media photo or stickmount app.