Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default SHARP Aquos Pad Total N7 and iMini killer!

WOW shown as a currently "Available only in Japan" 7 inch pad.....the Sharp Aquos SHT21 pad with the new IGZO screen technology is very amazing.

Shown at the CES show last week, it was on display as a hands on demo with only a ISC android OS in Japanese. It comes with everything you could want in a 7 inch tablet.....and much more. It is also water and dust proof! Comes with a TV pop up antenna and stylus of sorts. This is the first 7 inch tab I have seen with a awesome rear cam setup, which that alone is what makes me want one.

The new IGZO screen technology is said to be able to allow 2x + longer run times on phones and tablets. This technology will be hopefully seen soon in phones and tabs coming out this new year.

Do a google search for various youtube and other reports on it. I surely can't wait to get one if they ever come to the US market.

AQUOS PAD SHT21ƒgƒbƒvbauƒ‰ƒCƒ“ƒAƒbƒv FSH DASH

Default Re: SHARP Aquos Pad Total N7 and iMini killer!

hmmm dual core cpu, 16GB storage ....we will have to see about the price and hw connectivity

Popup TV antenna? What good is that?

Advertisement. If only he was showing it off in a local bar.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mathelm View Post
    Popup TV antenna? What good is that?
    It's very good if you are in Japan.....OTA (over the air) Digital TV......ie....free and fast signal.

It is being sold through a cell carrier only I believe. Keep in mind this is a Japan only release at this time and obviously may not reflect any possible other releases outside Japan if and when it happens.

If I had OTA digital receiver in my N7....id be pretty happy. I don't have a smartphone or like service.....so this would be a cool feature using the tab without a data plan payment every month.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
    I surely can't wait to get one if they ever come to the US market.
    Why? I'd rather wait for a refresh of the Nexus 7, which I'm sure will also come this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich215 View Post
    It's very good if you are in Japan.....OTA (over the air) Digital TV......ie....free and fast signal.

It is being sold through a cell carrier only I believe. Keep in mind this is a Japan only release at this time and obviously may not reflect any possible other releases outside Japan if and when it happens.

If I had OTA digital receiver in my N7....id be pretty happy. I don't have a smartphone or like service.....so this would be a cool feature using the tab without a data plan payment every month.
    True, I would trade my nfc for an fm tuner and an hdtv psip digital tuner with RELIABLE antenna any day.

Problem is, the type of reliable antenna needed for most broadcast dtv stations in the us would not fit in a 7 in tablet.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Why? I'd rather wait for a refresh of the Nexus 7, which I'm sure will also come this year.
    If my N7 had/was:
    Hi end 8mp rear cam that does 1080p vid
    Water-proof/dust-proof
    New IGZO screen technology that allows 2 to 2.5 times longer battery life and better colors
    Micro SD slot
    Mobile Dolby technology with great sound output
    Built in stylus
    Small bezel
    HD wifi or cable output to TV/PC
    Bluetooth 4.0
    Wireless print ready (im not sure if N7 is with an root or app?)
    2.4 to 5.GHz wifi

Those added items would satisfy my uses with a 7 inch tab. Possible 4G also would be nice down the road if I did opt for paying a data plan.

Don't get me wrong though, I love my N7 and think I got a awesome deal on my 16mb unit for what I paid for my first android experience. . I am just saying that if had the choice to have all these other items in a tab, I would gladly pay for it!

So if there is a new Nexus 7 that comes close to these features in the future, I would also opt for that. But I am not holding my breath on that one.