- 11 Posts
Few Nexus 7 niggles
First of all i am onto my 3rd nexus 7, the first one had a software glitch (or so i thought) as the battery usage kept resetting itself when i turned the nexus on, the second one has the famout glass lift, so no problem sent it back. The third one i have has exactly the same problem as the first one!
Basically i have charged it up twice now and have the following niggles....the first is the battery usage figures..when i charge it they reset like they should..but if i say use it for an hour and then turn it off the battery usuage settings reset them self, this will happen the first 2 or 3 times i use it then it will suddenly keep the settings fine untill i re charge the device then it does it again?
It also shows the screen on time as very low even though i could be on the N7 for an hour it will say screen on time 5 mins or so and wont change, could this be because i have the screen brightness set to minimum? it cant be a hardware fault as both my first and 3rd nexus did this ( i never turned the 2nd one on)
Finally when i have fully charged my nexus up it wont switch on as normal? i have to hold the button in for about 20 seconds for it to turn on, then its turns on as normal untill i fully charge the device then i have to hold it in again for 20 seconds for it to start.
Any help with any of these problems would be appreciated
- 01-13-2013, 03:40 PM #2
- 1,391 Posts
- Arctic HD
Re: Few Nexus 7 niggles
What's a niggle?
Anyway, the battery stats and screen time as based off of your last reboot. If you leave it on it will stay, but once you turn it off it starts counting again. It also reset when you charge. Download Gsam battery monitor and it gives you the options to have it show you since last fill charge or last reboot.
Sometimes it takes a awhile to turn on, 15-20 seconds is not surprising.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
- 01-13-2013, 03:44 PM #3
- 398 Posts
Re: Few Nexus 7 nigglesnig·gle
Cause slight but persistent annoyance, discomfort, or anxiety: "a nasty leg wound which still niggled at him".
A trifling complaint, dispute, or criticism: "it is an excellent book except for my few niggles"; "I have a few niggles about design".
But being from the south, I don't think I'll be adding it to my limited vocabulary...
- 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM #4
- 01-14-2013, 06:05 PM #5
- 01-14-2013, 07:33 PM #6I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.
"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
- 01-15-2013, 02:23 PM #8
- By lighterfluid in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 12-20-2012, 07:43 AM
- By JoeUserTX in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 20Last Post: 11-30-2011, 05:35 AM
- By carlm#AC in forum T-Mobile HTC SensationReplies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2011, 06:16 AM
- By kchase731 in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 9Last Post: 06-08-2011, 06:58 AM
- By enalzi in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 03-19-2010, 03:02 AM