mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
So I buy a movie to watch and went out to buy a micro USB to HDMI cable and find out that you can't do this....complete garbage
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's advertised anywhere that the Nexus 7 can connect to a TV via HDMI. Did you automatically assume it could?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Well yes I assumed...think about it everything is becoming digital and so you would think that you font always want to watch a movie on your tablet. So now I hope I can watch the movie I bought on the play store via my computer to my TV using HDMI....at least apple gets it right with tablets

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain.....I like many of the other N7 owners figured on miricast working wirelessly with the N7, but that hasn't happened.....I actually found a great alternative though for watching content on my HD TV...I bought an android mini computer on Amazon for $55.00 a mini wireless keyboard for $30.00 and installed XBMC watch all the movies and content I would ever want.....also surf the web, and do anything I can do on my tablet or PC.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
did you try to pair n7 with youtube tv? i think they want us to pair n7 to youtube tv and that way you should able to watch it on your tv. (gotta have smart tv) but i'm not sure about that.

xzb6np

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Sad thing is my old Archos Internet 70 tablet from 2010 has hdmi output on it and I only paid $299 for it back then and it didn't even run Froyo at first. But at least I knew that the N7 didn't have it when I bought it. The thing that caught by surprise was not being able to use a headset with a mic . Thst just plain stupid.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well yes I assumed...think about it everything is becoming digital and so you would think that you font always want to watch a movie on your tablet. So now I hope I can watch the movie I bought on the play store via my computer to my TV using HDMI....at least apple gets it right with tablets

There's no way I'd have spent twice the price on an iPad Mini just to get the potential for video out (with an extra adapter) and end up with a device lacking in every other aspect. In any case, got a DLNA app so I'm sorted on the TV, my N7, and my Galaxy S . But I'm puzzled. If I want to watch content on my 46" Samsung, the N7 wouldn't be my first choice to deliver it? What am I missing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The OP wants to be able to view a movie bought on Google Play movies on a large screen TV, and was hoping that he could play it on TV by connecting the Nexus 7 to it.

To the OP: You can play any of your Google Play Movies directly on your computer. So if you wanted to watch it on a big screen, all you need to do is hook up your computer via HDMI to your TV, go to play.google.com/movies, select your movie, and click Play. You can then expand it to full screen. Not sure about HD content, though.

I think people often lose sight of the fact that the Nexus 7 is a sub-$200 device that already packs a huge punch, and was originally intended to be a budget-friendly device, not a do-everything ultramachine. If Google/Asus loaded more things in it like microHDMI out, SD support, and rear-facing cameras, we'd be looking at a device that is closer to $300, and therefore not as phenomenal of a value.

mojosodope_2

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I still like my nexus 7 but had I known that j would have purchased the movies on my iPad 4

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Too bad you didn't get a Blackberry Playbook which has HDMI port. But then no Netflix or Skype and may not be able to get movies you want. Maybe Netgear Neo.

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
But can I watch Google play movies on my TV via HDMI from my computer

Was your computer $199?

No?

I didn't think so.

So you don't need to call the Nexus 7 garbage just because it didn't allow you to play a movie through USB to HDMI. Talk about First World Problems.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Since it doesn't have an HDMI port an HDMI cable will never work. Maybe Google will at sometime provide an OTG solution using the USB port. Is this possible or maybe already possible if the N7 is rooted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz