Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By weebeesteve
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Angry Exchanging my Nexus 7

Had it for less than a week and it would not establish a high speed connection with my router an home, it only connected at 1MbPS, whereas my Kindle Fire (original) was alway at 54MbPS and had no problems streaming video throughout my apartment... The Nexus couldn't even stream vid when I had it right next to the router ... It amazes me how Google put out a product with such inconsistent quality control, it truly is hit or miss if you get one that works perfect right out of the box... Hoping the next one with have better Wifi connectivity

Default Re: Exchanging my Nexus 7

Are you sure the problem wasn't at least in part due to the router? I'm no tech wizard, but I do know that some routers can be a little temperamental. 2 questions for you:

1. Did you try connecting your N7 to other wifi hotspots, like at your local Starbucks? If so, did you get get better download speeds there? In that case, it may be an issue with your router.

2. Did you try rebooting your router and then trying to connect your N7 via wifi again?

There have been a few threads on this forum addressing wifi connectivity--you might want to check them out first before doing the exchange.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I did try to connect at a Barnes & Noble and it would not contnect at all, it showed that there was open Wifi available but it just never connected properly... And I thought of the router but this would be the ONLY device out of about 8 that returned such slow speeds

In regard to one device out of multiple devices being the only one with a slow connection, it's been known to happen. Still worth trying a router reboot, which is simple enough.

Also, I assume you tried rebooting your Nexus 7. It may be a pain in the ****, but you could also try doing a factory reset of the tablet as well. If all of that fails, then I would agree with an exchange, and hopefully you won't have further problems.

Given how badly Asus has performed for you, I'd return it and head over to an Apple store and leave this ugly episode behind.

Apple, of course, is immune to ugly episodes (cough cough Antennagate, cough cough Apple Maps).

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Sorry. totally not an Apple fan, my wife is always yelling about how itunes sucks, besides we all know that Apple products of for the non-techie people out there who don't want to be able to customize their (overpriced) devices

Quote Originally Posted by dave1nyc View Post
    Given how badly Asus has performed for you, I'd return it and head over to an Apple store and leave this ugly episode behind.
    Troll Alert!.....

And remember, when you buy an apple product you don't own it, it owns you....

Quote Originally Posted by mathelm View Post
    Troll Alert!.....
    And remember, when you buy an apple product you don't own it, it owns you....
    Never at a lose over your "ahem, love" over apple are you?! j/k
    mathelm likes this.

Plus I luv that boxxy video. Something about crazy women I guess....

fyi, I can tell you from personal experience that much like big boobs and corvettes, living with them is a whole nother story......

But in the interest of full disclosure, I do still have the vette....

edit:see, I watched the thing again after posting......