"Permanent" streaks on screen

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had my nexus 7 for about 2 weeks and have been noticing a couple of streaks running across the length of the screen. I've tried using a cleaner (Monster iClean) and a microfiber cloth, but the same two streaks keep reappearing. There is nothing tactile about them - the look and feel like surface smudges. The only time they are noticeable is when I'm in an app with a darker solid background, but they are very irritating.

Has anyone else experienced this? I fully realize that this screen is very prone to smudges and I'm fine with that. I've been using iClean to maintain tablet and phone screens for several years and been happy with the results. The difference with the N7 is that the same two streaks just can't be wiped away. I thought perhaps they might be coming from contact with my case when it's closed (Devicewear Ridge - which I love), but even that should come clean when wiped.

Today is the end of my 14 day return policy from Staples and I'm wondering if I should exchange it. Just thought I would get some feedback here first. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TheStanger

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I noticed the same thing on mine a few days ago. Initially just though they were finger smudges but after a good mirco fibre cleaning they are still present. Mine are not streaks but more like blobs of various sizes across the entire screen. I don't notice mine unless the sun is shining directly on it or, like you say, when I have a darker solid background. Really quite annoying given that it is just over a month old for me.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
OP here- Thought I would follow up in case anyone is concerned about this being some defect of the N7. I did some more aggressive wiping with the microcloth, only I used it dry and I think I got rid of the streaks. My guess the marks were from my case. I thought about ditching my case, but I love it too much. The reality is, the N7 screen is VERY fingerprint-prone and there will always be smudges unless you constantly wipe it down.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i usually use Klear Screen but that doesn't remove all the smudges so I use windex on a rag. results? perfectly clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz