Nexus 7 password lock/crack screen workaround?

atinimaedigresyl

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I cracked my Nexus 7 screen on the left side and that cracked side no longer accepts touch input. Three letters of my password are on that side and I had orientation locked to landscape mode in my previous use before I cracked it. If I could somehow get to portrait mode I would be able to input my password and use the device with the only limit being my having to flip the device around all of the time when I need to touch the screen in that area.

Anyway of resetting the password or reorientating it from the lock screen? I won't have the money to fix it for about a month and a half and I don't want to factory reset and lose all my data.

I searched for ways to reset password and found nothing useful besides factory reset. I also searched for things I might be able to do by hooking it up to a PC via USB but not one search item turned up was even closely relevant no matther how I phrased it.

Thanks.

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a OTG cable? Wondering if connecting a USB keyboard would let you type in the password, and then you could get into the settings to turn off the rotation lock?
I haven't used a keyboard myself so I don't know if that would work :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress