Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Portfolio Project : play video, show images

Seemingly it hasn't come to anyone's mind in the android developers team that some people might want to use a tablet as a neat project portfolio, showing images and videos to a client or friend or anything.

I am saying this, as it is fairly hard to have a themed folder, let's say projectX containing images AND video that actually play.
    problem seems to be that android doesnt support many video codecs.

I am a iphone user. The iphone let's me do this. I have some videos on the Nexus that are .mov s h.264 and mp4 that allegedly are supposed to play on the Nexus. NOPE!

Using a video player like VPlayer still has me show some images then swap the app(!) to go to the VPlayer and show the associated video. How convenient (NOT!) AND VPlayer doesn't show Jpegs, so my projects are torn between apps where one doesn't do the other.

Anyone heard of any app that can show both media types and supports a reasonable amount of video codecs. I mean come on who are you Android, Flash?

I just bought this thing and this is one major UX flaw right here. Anyone knows an app for android that does images and video together, where I can put my projects?

Any help, I dont want to have spent my money on a device that doesn't do basic user experience.

M

Default Re: Portfolio Project : play video, show images

why don't you do it on your iPhone then if it works on an iPhone.

what am I missing ?

in fact all that is doable on android and the N7 if you make the effort to learn how...

Hey, let's be nice to the Apple guy, but still show him why we generally think Android is better!

To the OP, you can post photos and videos in the same album using Google+. Give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Hey, let's be nice to the Apple guy, but still show him why we generally think Android is better!
    well, maybe it's not better - say uncle is entitled to his opinion isn't he ? Generally it is useless to attempt to convert a fanatic