Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kamal Hans
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you turn off gmail and emails on the Nexus 7

Hi,
    Having just purchased a Nexus 7 32gb I set up my gmail account and my Plusnet account, this under app email. I would like to have it turned off when at home as I have other devices to pick up my mail. Does anyone know how to do a quick turn off. Thanks, John

Default Re: How do you turn off gmail and emails on the Nexus 7

When I don't want my N7 bothering me with notifications (I too have about 9 devices my email gets pushed to), I just silence the device so it doesn't audibly ping me.

• The long way is Settings/Account/disable sync
    • you could probably find a slick widget that you could use to easily turn of your Sync with one click.
    • You could put your n7 in airplane mode
    • You could also investigate profile apps that allow you to have set a profile for when you are home that disables sync for you
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    you could probably find a slick widget that you could use to easily turn of your Sync with one click.
    Such as the standard power control widget...
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The aeroplane mode sound the quickest and easiest way for the moment until I can find a quick app. Thanks, John

Quote Originally Posted by johnyogi View Post
    Hi,
    Having just purchased a Nexus 7 32gb I set up my gmail account and my Plusnet account, this under app email. I would like to have it turned off when at home as I have other devices to pick up my mail. Does anyone know how to do a quick turn off. Thanks, John
    Use AutomateIt to turn this off when you're at home and then turn it back on when you leave home.

Or just set your mail to IMAP and then it doesn't matter what device you use to handle your mail.

Is it possible to sign out from my gmail acount on my nexus 7 the way I can doit on my laptop?
    The tablet is used by family members also & I'm a bit hesitant about others reading my mails...

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal Hans View Post
    Is it possible to sign out from my gmail acount on my nexus 7 the way I can doit on my laptop?
    The tablet is used by family members also & I'm a bit hesitant about others reading my mails...
    You can either find an app to password protect it or you can setup user accounts so that way it'll be easier to share.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, Jaycemiskel.
    I must confess that I'm totally new to android- could you plz recommend an app to password protect my gmail account?
    TIA
    Carole Bradshaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamal Hans View Post
    Thanks, Jaycemiskel.
    I must confess that I'm totally new to android- could you plz recommend an app to password protect my gmail account?
    TIA
    I personally use Facelock Pro. There's a free version though that will let you lock one app and since you only need to lock Gmail I would recommend it. It can unlock with your face and if it doesn't recognize you, you can always use your PIN. Here's the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....facelock4apps. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thank you - much obliged.