Battery Indicator Hiccup - solved (duh)

Kat Gibson

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
My N7 has a weird issue that's kinda battery related, and kinda not. It's driving me nuts! It has been sent to Asus to be fixed and came back with the same issue. Asus said they replaced the battery and reinstalled the firmware and, very kindly, have offered to pay shipping to send it back to them again. I'd love to get this working without having another week of separation anxiety, so if any of you android gurus can help out, it would be greatly appreciated!

The stock battery indicator shows that it is 100% fully charged, but it tells me it only has x seconds/minutes left. This happens whether its attached to usb/wallcharger or unplugged. The longer it's left, the more time it's showing remaining. At this point, I have a clean install with only GSam battery monitor added. The problem started after about a week of using it.

The troubleshooting steps I have taken are:
1. Factory Reset from within settings.
2. Hard Reset
3. Boot via safe mode
4. Ensured OS is up to date - currently running 4.2.1
5. Tried powering off via hardware/bootloader menu, then restarting
6. Sending it to Asus to fix
7. I tried installing GSam Battery Monitor and it's having issues calculating remaining battery time too.

OnCharger_zps8f28efc7-1_zps027a2536.jpg
NotCharging_zps178370d5-1-1_zpsa5abec88.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
~Kat

Last edited:

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery Indicator Hiccup

That number in the graph is not an indication of how much time is left on the battery, it is how long the device has been running on battery.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site

Oh, wow. How blonde am I! Thanks wunderbar, I'm gonna go bury myself under a pile of duh.

No problem. We all have those moments. :)

FYI GSam Battery monitor actually does have an estimated time remaining function that I use and rely on, if you do want such a function.

Kat Gibson

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

It still wont give me a time. I'm just going to ignore it for now, and re-bond with my tablet :D. At least I know it's had a good checkup and new battery! I'm surprised Asus couldn't tell me that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae