Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jopo16
  • 1 Post By frageelay
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Nexus 7 Continually reboots

I have a 16GB Nexus 7 that I purchased when they were first released last summer. It is unlocked, but stock. It is running whatever the latest version of Jelly Bean available for the N7. It has been working perfectly until today. I just took it out of my bag and found it in a continual state of rebooting. It will good from the Google logo, to the flashing X, to the lock screen - pause 10 seconds - and did it all over again. When at the lock screen, touch is not working.

I do have ClockWorkMod installed on it, and from Recovery I have wiped caches and also tried a factory wipe (which didn't see to work).

Any ideas on how I can recover from this? Or how I can even get any support from Google?

Default Re: Nexus 7 Continually reboots

I have noticed that when I had the HD widgets app' installed if kept on rebooting so make sure you uninstall that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

It may just be me but I did some research and found all if not most of the issues with the nexus was with the 16gb. It might be why they discontinued it. Releasing the 32gb with improvements.
    Quote Originally Posted by dswartze View Post
    I have a 16GB Nexus 7 that I purchased when they were first released last summer. It is unlocked, but stock. It is running whatever the latest version of Jelly Bean available for the N7. It has been working perfectly until today. I just took it out of my bag and found it in a continual state of rebooting. It will good from the Google logo, to the flashing X, to the lock screen - pause 10 seconds - and did it all over again. When at the lock screen, touch is not working.

I do have ClockWorkMod installed on it, and from Recovery I have wiped caches and also tried a factory wipe (which didn't see to work).

Any ideas on how I can recover from this? Or how I can even get any support from Google?
    Last edited by Jopo16; 01-20-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    Thanked by:
    frageelay likes this.

I was using my 16GB N7 that I got when they first came out last night and it restarted. Got stuck in the boot loop and it won't stop. I had to hit the hard reset to get to the power off. Other than that it would restart every time I shut it off. This isn't the first time it's done the boot loop thing. Usually it happens at night while I'm asleep. I wake up to find it super hot. I believe it keeps going until the battery dies or it gets too hot and shuts off. Well, this time that did not happen. I haven't rooted it or done anything fancy to it. Called Google Play CS and they are looking into sending me a new one in about 48 hours.

I'm not upset, as Jopo16 mentioned, there may be something up with the 16GB. Other than the few boot loop occurrences (three), I haven't had any of the problems others have mentioned. I'm pretty satisfied. At least Google is standing by their product. I had everything back up therefore this isn't that big of a deal. Just a slight inconvenience. I can only hope that the new one will not have these issues.
    Thanked by:
    Jopo16 
    Jopo16 likes this.

I just bought a new Nexus 7 tablet 32GB WiFi version. It automatically updated to Android JellyBean v4.2.1 out of the box.
    Overall it works fine for the most part but it has randomly rebooted out of nowhere on me twice so far. It is less than a week old.
    I have searched the web for info and fix status for this issue and see that it is common to all Nexus models.
    It is not just 16GB models. I also see that there are many Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners reporting same random reboot issues!

I am hoping that it is just an OS bug that Google is going to fix in their next release.
    If it is a hardware design bug, then I don't know how Google is going to handle this problem short of taking a loss and replacing all of our Nexus devices free of charge.

I see that this random reboot issue has been reported by many Nexus device owners since the device came out from many months ago and Google still has not addressed the issue.
    I only have 14 days return policy from the BJ's Wholesale outlet store where I bought it from. It is a really nice unit but if there is no fix for it, then I don't want it.
    Hope Google developer's get on the ball with this and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jopo16 View Post
    It may just be me but I did some research and found all if not most of the issues with the nexus was with the 16gb. It might be why they discontinued it. Releasing the 32gb with improvements.
    The 16GB is not discontinued. Who said that it was discontinued?? It's not carried in retail stores because it's at a price point that is not worth it for the retailers. This was the same when the 8 GB was $199 and the 16GB was $249.

My bad, i thought it was discontinued becausse i hadnt seen them around in stores. But yeah, i saw them the other day, in the spot of the 8gb's. :/

Same thing has been happening to my nexus 7 (2012 model - 16Gb) since the latest update.
    Unfortunately for me I have not been able to even get help from Google support. They said that since I purchased the tablet from a store directly that they cant help me. Any ideas on what to do?