Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Full screen ads pop up

Hello, I'm getting full screen pop-up ads And notifications as well. ninja Run, Crazed Sniper, etc.

I ran Ad network detector from my lookout as well as airpush detector. They can't find anything. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Default Re: Full screen ads pop up

start uninstalling apps until the ads go away....keep track so you can find the offending app

you could also install ADblock
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I will try that, I just don't know why nothing shows up when testing all my apps. . .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Use an app called app brain ad detector

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because there is no PacMan rom for the nexus
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i tried that, actually, none of the apps that i have tried work. it's weird, like the rogue app has beat the system.

i uninstalled Boat Browser, so i think that took care of the notifications and the full screen apps.

why don't you guys install Boat Browser and see if that gives you those ads...

very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkpod View Post
    i tried that, actually, none of the apps that i have tried work. it's weird, like the rogue app has beat the system.

i uninstalled Boat Browser, so i think that took care of the notifications and the full screen apps.

why don't you guys install Boat Browser and see if that gives you those ads...

very annoying.
    I have boat browser installed. None of those ads.

That said, I am rooted and have Adfree Android installed on my devices.

-Suntan

I found a solution. When the ads pop up. Hit your home button for few seconds to view resent apps if using 4.2 android or whatever technique to see recent apps.
    You should see the ads along with recently used apps and the ads are generated by " network service" . go into settings-apps-all apps-scroll to network service and disable or deactivate. It will work. I had the same problem.
    I believe it's malware but haven't investigated further why it happen. I will email Google on the issue..

I had (have?) the same problem. A few days ago, full screen popup ads started showing up on my android phone. On the upper right corner of these ads, there was a link to "google ads policy" or similar. I followed this link but could not stop ads from appearing (server not responding). I then uninstalled updates of several google apps, replacing said apps with factory versions. Ads stopped appearing. However, most of my google apps now complain that an update of google play is necessary before they can function properly.