help request for skype video

jacktar57

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi, v.new to this and just bought a n7. Have installed a camera app and then installed Skype app direct from the app store. Problem is that when skyp runs it looks like the camera I is working my end but other person doesn't get the video feed. Audio works fine??

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Open Skype, click the contact you wish to video call, and touch the camera icon at the top. Voice call, touch the handset icon next to it. On video, if you see yourself in the preview box, the issue may be at the other end. Is it the same contact, or any contact?

jacktar57

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mike, getting same result trying to call mate working in libya or sister in Portugal. Can see self in preview video my end they just get a black view with circle of doom scrolling round. Change to laptop and everything's fine. Its like camera data not being transmitted?
Jack:)

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this on another thread awhile back, but when you are using Skype on the n7, the landscape mode of Skype will force you to rotate the n7 such that the wifi antenna is at the bottom left corner. You could be weakening the signal strength by covering it with a hand etc.,

your laptop has a better antenna.

Also, the android Skype app sucks in comparison to the Windows version.

Minkey1

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd agree. I have used my N7 to video call, but can't see any *test* mode in the android app, so tend to use the full size version on my PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol