Force dolphin to use YouTube app

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I do t like the mobile version of the YouTube page. It won't let me go back, keeps redirecting me to the same video over and over. How can I force it to use the YouTube app like chrome does?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing defaults for Dolphin. Go to Settings/Apps/All Apps, select Dolphin, and scroll down to find the Clear Defaults button.

flux capacitor

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmmn no go. Did that but still redirects to the mobile version of YouTube which I can't stand. Is this not possible with Dolphin?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I see this as a frequent complaint in other forums. Something that might help is to change the user agent in Dolphin to Desktop, which is supposed to bring up the full desktop YouTube site instead of the mobile one. Doesn't directly solve your problem, but the full desktop site might be easier to work with on Dolphin.

Squeezle

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that YouTube app contains functionality that none of the forms of webpage contain, my preferred function being the "Send to XBMC",

Long pressing the address bar did work for a short time, being able to select what to open the address with, but the Apps I want to send it to no longer get listed, only web browser apps show.

I would like to click the "YouTube button" available in most <Embedded> videos and have it give me the option to open with YouTube App or "Send to XBMC" app (Yatse) and then give be the option to do this once or always.

So attempts at workaround not-using the YouTube app are not a viable solution to this problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox