new to Nexus 7 and Android

Annwe

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there .. have been reading here for the last week .. as i got a Nexus 7 over the holidays...
on top also new to android world... so am learning from the bottom.hence reading and learning here since xmas 2012.

Now i have a question.. what is the best format a movie should be in before i transfer to N7.
I have some movies on USB given my friends and I would like to download some from my PC and get them to my N7.

is it bast to convert to right format on the N7 or do I convert them on PC, then transfer to N7?:)

Annwe

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Using the correct player the Nexus will play pretty much any file format effortlessly.

I use BSplayer - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...bsplayer.bspandroid.free&hl=en&token=39_-9G5- - and as long as you select hardware decoding it plays anything I've thrown at it.
thanks for this tip ... i thought it was more work than this..... so i just have to install BSplayer on my N7 and use this with the files I have transfered from my PC..... will give it a try .

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi there .. have been reading here for the last week .. as i got a Nexus 7 over the holidays...
on top also new to android world... so am learning from the bottom.hence reading and learning here since xmas 2012.

Now i have a question.. what is the best format a movie should be in before i transfer to N7.
I have some movies on USB given my friends and I would like to download some from my PC and get them to my N7.

is it bast to convert to right format on the N7 or do I convert them on PC, then transfer to N7?:)

To answer your question directly, I would convert all future files to mp4 (mv4) to get broadest degree of compatibility across all devices.

I convert all of mine on my Windows laptop using handbrake.

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You could convert everything, I suppose, but it seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Someone recommended BS Player, which I have and like. But my preferred player is MX Player.

The reason to convert some videos, however, is simply to reduce the file size, as some formats can be significantly compressed, yet retain the same quality. But if you plan to watch the video and then delete it, and space on your N7 is available, then just transfer, watch and delete.