Google Play Store crashes or refuses to open

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
For some reason Google Play Store crashes or just hangs. I have u installed all updates on the app itself. I would prefer not to do a force reset if at all avoidable. I am Stock on my Nexus 7

u4uge8at.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the updates should be a problem. Try clearing the cache. If that doesn't help, clear the data (from the Settings/Apps/All apps menu), but you may have to reenter your login information afterwards.

Jonathan Lidbeck

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Another possibility: Google Play Store will fail without explanation if a dependent process such as Google Download Manager is disabled.

Go to Settings/Applications/All, scroll down to see if, Google Download Manager is disabled. Disabled applications may appear all the way at the bottom of the list. If it is, select and enable it, then try Play Store again.

Kyle Mcwilton

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Another possibility: Google Play Store will fail without explanation if a dependent process such as Google Download Manager is disabled.

Go to Settings/Applications/All, scroll down to see if, Google Download Manager is disabled. Disabled applications may appear all the way at the bottom of the list. If it is, select and enable it, then try Play Store again.

Oh my god thank you so much this worked instantly! My phone is fixed even the htc people didn't know what it was!

Kaio Obviate

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem, but I don't even get the message "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped."... I went in Settings/Applications/All and wasn't able to find any Google Download Manager app. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. Do you know any other ways?

D4rth

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, now I found Download Manager and was able to enable it! It was really easy... This video may help newbies like me: com.google.process.gapps solution for the problem. (ROOTED NOT REQUIRED) - YouTube

thx alot for the vid :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, now I found Download Manager and was able to enable it! It was really easy... This video may help newbies like me: com.google.process.gapps solution for the problem. (ROOTED NOT REQUIRED) - YouTube

thx alot for the vid :)

medixsr

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
o great it works thanks. mine was just 1 month old grand and i was already upset as i just migrated from iphone after 5 years

DarcyGla

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
That was the solution, i couldnt find it.. but i clicked RESET APP PERFERENCES.. which reset all of them.. I recall now i had turned that one off cause i was having a problem with an update for GTA3..

Thank you so much.

tim lewis1

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
THANKKSS this really helped me with my playstore not working problem i had..... even called tmobile but they couldnt understand but this guy right up here knew exactly what it was wow... fersure:D

tim lewis1

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
thanks jonathan lidbeck u got it!! fersure :D

- - - Updated - - -

medha bisht

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi..i tried enabling the download manager still the problem persist. Actually for me the pop ups are :
1. unfortunately google play store has stopped.
2. apps.process.google has stopped.

Please help.

Steven Cook1

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I can no even find Google Manager... I tried to rest Apps ...did not work, I have a Samsung Note 2 ... in need of help I can't even get apps now... grrrrrrrr