Apps disappearing from Folders?
I have set up folders for my most commonly used apps on my home screen - for example, Games, Reading, Google Apps, Utilities, News, etc. Occasionally I will open a folder only to find that an app I put in there is missing!! Yesterday, it was Maps from the Google Apps folder; last week it was one of the apps in the Games folder. At first I thought it might have something to do with the app being recently updated, but this doesn't seem to be the case (Maps was last updated in mid-December; I last accessed it from the Google Apps folder last week). This has happened in folders that are both on the home screen and the task bar (is that what it's called in Android...?)
Any ideas on what causes this, and more importantly, suggestions on how to stop it from happening?
Running stock launcher, JB 4.2.1, not rooted. I'm new to Android - this N7 is my first tablet and I still have a dumb-phone - but I'm having a blast and have learned A LOT reading here!
Last edited by UncleLes; 01-23-2013 at 07:50 PM. Reason: additional info added
- 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM #3
- 04-30-2013, 01:11 PM #4
Re: Apps disappearing from Folders?
Sometimes when you update an app, it will disappear from your homescreen or folder. This is usually because there was some modification to the icon. It may be that your Google Play Store is set for Auto-Update Apps, in which case your apps are updating without your knowledge, and therefore some of them will disappear from your folders seemingly at random.
- By zerogee in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-04-2010, 01:56 PM
- By Rmorton0573 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 4Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:32 AM
- By BrickAlley in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-28-2010, 10:42 AM
- By mbressman in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:49 AM
- By n0m0n in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 10Last Post: 07-15-2010, 07:38 PM