Using a nexus 7 in australia but bought in USA

olechook

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
My friend in austraila is coming to america and wants to buy a nexus 7
I know it will come with a charger to use here in America but is there a special charger device for her
to use in Australia?
Appreciate any advice , thanks in advance

Lactose The Intolerant

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Check the charger for her N7 -- if the voltage input rating shows a range 100V to 240V (or higher), the charger will work but you'll need an adapter between the wall socket and the charger. (Australia is mostly 220V)

If, on the other hand, the input rating for the N7 charger does not list 240V (or higher), your friend will need to hit up an electronic supply store and buy a converter.

Personally, I'd bag all that and just charge the unit overnight via the USB port from a laptop/desktop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That is a great username and avatar. Is that a TimTam? Those only recently arrived in the US, and man are they good.

Fraser Carter

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just get her to go to jaycar in Australia its a electronics store that sells weird and electronics ... She just needs an Aussie wall plug to USB adapter and she is good to go... I'm pretty sure you can even buy them at Sydney and Melbourne airport in Australia .

That's all she needs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
pacosarae, I don't know why you're repeating the last line of my post, but the hidden embedded URL at the end of your post sure is suspicious. It comes out if someone replies to you with a quote. Everyone else, please be wary.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
pacosarae, I don't know why you're repeating the last line of my post, but the hidden embedded URL at the end of your post sure is suspicious. It comes out if someone replies to you with a quote. Everyone else, please be wary.

There are spambots generating posts like that...don't reply to them...mods will delete them I'm sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton