Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 Grey lines/ Black speck

Hi Guys, Just have some questions about my nexus 7. Firstly I have a black speck on my screen which I discovered after applying a screen protector then after removing the protector and trying to clean it off I discovered that unfortunately it was not dust.

My second question is the tablet's screen when locked or turned off has x shaped lines on the glass which I'm assuming is a kind of protective coating or something.

However when using the tablet with a white backround I can often see these kind of tiny grey lines or dots which match up the the shapes on the front of the glass.
    Im just wondering if someone else could check to see if they also have this. Im just wondering whether its just part of the screen or if its a problem.

Im hoping I won't have to return it for a repair as the site I purchased it off said it would take a total of 7 weeks for me to get the tablet back.

I have yet to contact asus themselves which was recommended to me by the retailer.
    If the grey lines are just part of the screen I'll keep it.

Default Re: Nexus 7 Grey lines/ Black speck

Haven't seen or heard of anything like that. I'd say it's time to call asus...

Default Re: Nexus 7 Grey lines/ Black speck

Well...

Is the speck just a dead pixel?

As for the other thing you describe, there is a grid for the touchscreen sensors that you may see in some situations...no idea if that is what you're talking about though...