Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Opening slide lock

    What is the purpose of this?
    I have always disabled it on my Android Nook and now on the N7.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by gtt1 View Post
    What is the purpose of this?
    I have always disabled it on my Android Nook and now on the N7.
    really didnt understand your question but i think you are asking the purpose of slide unlock with no pin/password.

    its a lock screen between security none and security password.

    some people need the lock screen so that they can use lock screen features but at the same time need no security
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    really didnt understand your question but i think you are asking the purpose of slide unlock with no pin/password.

    its a lock screen between security none and security password.

    some people need the lock screen so that they can use lock screen features but at the same time need no security
    Gotcha so the only reason to not disable this is if you are setting a password, face recognition.

    I see lots of users who use it but have no security option set so its just a waste of time, to me anyway.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Unless they want to use lockscreen widgets as still1 says...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    I also think that a lot of people don't realize they can disable it.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by MJKearney View Post
    I also think that a lot of people don't realize they can disable it.
    So, how do I do that, please enlighten me
    Passwords and face recognition are challenges for the thief, but wont stop him/her stealing my Nexus 7 !
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
    So, how do I do that, please enlighten me
    Passwords and face recognition are challenges for the thief, but wont stop him/her stealing my Nexus 7 !
    Settings-security-screen lock- use none
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
    So, how do I do that, please enlighten me
    Passwords and face recognition are challenges for the thief, but wont stop him/her stealing my Nexus 7 !
    A strong password will keep a thief who has stolen your Nexus 7 from logging into your tablet and hijacking your Google account. Please reconsider having some level of login security for your tablet.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by AFM1204 View Post
    A strong password will keep a thief who has stolen your Nexus 7 from logging into your tablet and hijacking your Google account. Please reconsider having some level of login security for your tablet.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    To be fair, N7 stolen, Google account password changed immediately, their outta luck in that respect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sent from my Alienware M17X laptop - ooh look at the pretty coloured lights!
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Not really. all they need to do is turn it on, turn off wifi, and boom, all of the locally stored data is there, forever.

    For me it's a little less about what I keep on the device, especially on my N7, since aside from recent emails none of my own sensitive info is there, but it is other people's info I'm protecting. I have a couple hundred contacts with names, addresses, phone numbers, etc that I don't want a thief to have easy access to. That's the most important part.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Opening slide lock

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Flowers View Post
    To be fair, N7 stolen, Google account password changed immediately, their outta luck in that respect.
    That would depend on how quickly you realized your N7 was stolen. Unless it's a snatch and grab, it could be a while before you get around to changing passwords.

    In my case, the N7 pretty much stays inside the house, and there's no one else here who I'm worried about using it. So I don't need a secure lock screen, or any lock screen for that matter.

    However, out of shear laziness to go into settings to change it, or perhaps because it makes me look sophisticated and Bond-like when I have to swipe to open (okay, it's the former), I still use the lock screen. Maybe tomorrow I'll garner the energy and motivation to change it. I'd do it today, but why do today what you can do tomorrow?

Similar Threads

  1. removing slide lock when having PIN number lock in use
    By MarcD#AC in forum Samsung Transform
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 07:43 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 11:12 PM
  3. How do I get my SLide lock back after 2.2
    By mwclaunch in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 08:01 PM
  4. dumb slide lock question
    By Lurch81#AC in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
  5. Disable slide lock
    By Rudolphe in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2010, 07:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B