My Nexus won't start properly

Dean131

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello, so, basically, my Nexus 7 won't start properly, and I know it isn't to do with an empty battery as it's been on charge the majority of the day. When it turns on, it comes up as normal, with the Google sign in white, and then with the Nexus 'X' and the flashing colours. But then it sticks on there and doesn't do anything. I've tried turning it off and on again, but the whole thing is repeated leaving me stuck. I've connected it to my computer but can't access the Nexus through it as it hasn't loaded properly, therefore being unrecognised. Basically, I really need help on this one!

Thanks in advance!

Dean131

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Assuming your device is off, hold all the power buttons. Power + Volume up + Volume down.
2. Wait until you see an Android image.
3. Select reboot with the volume keys, confirm with the power button.

or​

3. Select 'Recovery Mode'.
4. Select 'Factory Reset'.
*Note that factory resetting will reset the tablet, like it came when you first turned received it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bsandler

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
After rooting my N7, i had the same problem after about a week. I tried a hard reset and reboot, attempted to set to factory settings, attempted to flash stock OS - nothing worked. I returned it and wont root it again.

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the exact same problem on 1/20 -- N7 was acting sluggish so I turned it off and then turned it back on - Once I did that I only got as far as the colored "X" -- tried reboot, etc. all I got too was "no command" This was a 32gb I got less than one month ago. Not rooted. So I ended up sending it to Asus - Hopefully I'll get it back soon, I'm guessing it will be wiped clean without an explanation as to what happened. We'll see

spoiledangel

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem also I went through the steps and pushed recovery mode and then the android popped up with "no command" under it what do i need to do

rmmyyz

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem also I went through the steps and pushed recovery mode and then the android popped up with "no command" under it what do i need to do

i think it's bricked -- i couldn't find a solution and ended up sending mine back to Asus to get resolved. In my case since it was under 1 month old of use I decided not to try a hack and just send it back. When I plugged the N7 into a PC it was not being recognized anyway. Best of luck if you can find a solution w/o sending it in for repairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non