Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By MJKearney
  • 1 Post By bigtroutz
  • 2 Post By MJKearney
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Default Fox news on Nexus 7

With Fox news IOS app I'm able to watch fox news after I put in my subscription info from my cable service.

The android app doesn't offer this, but it looks like their website does.
    I try viewing their website in the chrome browser and the commercials will play but it doesn't go beyond that.

If I try viewing in Firefox (and I've downloaded the flash plug in and am able to watch Amazon prime)..... After commercial plays I get error " source not supported".

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fox news on Nexus 7-uploadfromtaptalk1359473569534.jpg  

Default Re: Fox news on Nexus 7

Don't watch Fox News. Problem solved. Yeah, I know, useless response, but it felt so good to say it.

Although it almost made me gag (just as MSNBC might do the same for you!), I went to the Fox News website, then to their live feed section, using Chrome. Indeed, the main video feed played a nice American Airlines commercial (is that Kirk Douglas looking up into the sky?) then went to black. No video played, but the program timer was counting up, as if something was playing.

There were two other live feeds available. One was a raw feed about a guy in Florida doing a high wire stunt, and the other was Fox News radio, showing the live studio shot. Both those worked.

This leads me to believe that perhaps the main video feed simply has a problem on Fox's end, and nothing to do with Android or the N7. Check your desktop or laptop to confirm this. It might just be a temporary issue through their website.
    Thanked by:

You can try the fox news plugins that come with the free iMedaShare, BubbleUPnP, etc streaming apps.
    Thanked by:
    cfclay 
    cfclay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    You can try the fox news plugins that come with the free iMedaShare, BubbleUPnP, etc streaming apps.
    What? An actual attempt at a real response that might be useful to the OP? Geez, what do you think this is, a forum intended to help our fellow users? Oh, that's right. Never mind.
    cfclay and mr_nobody like this.

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Let's save the political commentary for the Politics subforum. If you don't care to help the OP, then feel free to move on.

Thread has been cleaned up. Keep the discussion civil and on-topic.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by: