mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
775620_4831665562036_388388196_o.jpg

ahhhh... now that's better... :p

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
hehe, I was gonna say, with the steering wheel on the wrong side, I doubt you know what REAL long distance driving is all about.....unless you're in OZ

MAP-North-America-vs-UK-Canada-USA-UK-England-Scotland-Wales-Ireland.jpg

Last edited:

sampoodle

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I bought this tablet holder for my N&, Amazon.com: iKross Car Dashboard Mount Holder for 5" - 10" Smartphohes & Tablets: Apple iPad 2, 3, 4 iPad Mini, Acer Iconia Tab A500, A700, W510, A210, A110; Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF201, TF300, Infinity TF700, VivoTab RT Tab; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2,

It holds it great and can be positioned wherever you need it. I have loaded Srygic and Copilot Live. They both work but neither speak the names of the streets you are to turn on. Between that and being thoroughly used to Google Nav's satellite view I have decided to use that. I use my Nexus phone as a wifi hot spot so I can use it wherever. I don't need to mount my phone so my dash is a little less cluttered.

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It holds it great and can be positioned wherever you need it. I have loaded Srygic and Copilot Live. They both work but neither speak the names of the streets you are to turn on. Between that and being thoroughly used to Google Nav's satellite view I have decided to use that. I use my Nexus phone as a wifi hot spot so I can use it wherever. I don't need to mount my phone so my dash is a little less cluttered.

How does that attach exactly? "Large suction cup for dash and tablet" That sounds like it suctions to the dash, which would never work in my car. Also having a suction cup for the n7 sounds bizarre, most just clip around the sides.

This one has a lot more reviews and is about 1/3rd of the cost. Also like that it isn't trying to fit a million devices (5-10", really??)
Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories

Last edited:

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
It holds it great and can be positioned wherever you need it. I have loaded Srygic and Copilot Live. They both work but neither speak the names of the streets you are to turn on.

Sygic does speak the names of the streets, but not by default. You have to go into the regional settings and download a different voice pack. Just download any of them that say TTS and it will start speaking names.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
How does that attach exactly? "Large suction cup for dash and tablet" That sounds like it suctions to the dash, which would never work in my car. Also having a suction cup for the n7 sounds bizarre, most just clip around the sides.

This one has a lot more reviews and is about 1/3rd of the cost. Also like that it isn't trying to fit a million devices (5-10", really??)
Amazon.com: Arkon SM517 Windshield Mount for iPad Mini and 7-Inch Tablets: Computers & Accessories

To each his own. I don't like windshield mounts. They hold the phone/tablet too far from me for my taste or maybe for my older eyes.

The dashboard mount holds fine even on a pebbled finish but the surface must be flat. I used the plastic stick on round thingie. Placed it badly, then moved it a little and it left no mark and moved well. The suction cup for the back of the phone or tablet holds my N7 just fine. Have driven over bumps and never had it jar the phone loose. The mount has a framework that expands and works in portrait or landscape mode as a backup to the suction cup. It also tightens with the usual nut.

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
To each his own. I don't like windshield mounts. They hold the phone/tablet too far from me for my taste or maybe for my older eyes.

The dashboard mount holds fine even on a pebbled finish but the surface must be flat. I used the plastic stick on round thingie. Placed it badly, then moved it a little and it left no mark and moved well. The suction cup for the back of the phone or tablet holds my N7 just fine. Have driven over bumps and never had it jar the phone loose. The mount has a framework that expands and works in portrait or landscape mode as a backup to the suction cup. It also tightens with the usual nut.

I know my dashboard it wont hold a suction and its not flat and its kind of slick from armorall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc