Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default kindle books

Hi.
    Can anyone tell me where to find the kindle books when I've plugged my nexus into the computer ? I click On the kindle app and its empty but I have 100 books and want to transfer some to my mums nexus.
    ThanX

Default Re: kindle books

On my N7 I go to Amazon/ your Amazon account/ manage my account/ select the book/ actions/ and specify which device to d/load to.
    Amazon automatically picked up my Nexus device and it is listed.
    You wouldn't want to transfer all to your N7 would you?
    Presumably your Mum has an account, but not sure how to transfer over if she hasn't. Or even if you can. You may have it on your account though.
    Or do it via your PC.

The easiest way would be to let her sign in to your Kindle account on her Nexus,
    NookColor running CM10.1
    Galaxy Note running RootBox
    Nexus 7 Running JellyBam v7

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

I don't think you can simply copy Kindle books from one device to another and then use them on that second device - you have to download them from Amazon on that device. At least I've never been able to successfully do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    I don't think you can simply copy Kindle books from one device to another and then use them on that second device - you have to download them from Amazon on that device. At least I've never been able to successfully do that.
    you can but there is a catch. they are drm protected. download the files. remove drm. copy to new device and it will work

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    you can but there is a catch. they are drm protected. download the files. remove drm. copy to new device and it will work
    Yeah, that's what I meant about "simply" - it ain't a copy-and-go operation.

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant about "simply" - it ain't a copy-and-go operation.
    ha!!! I didn't emphasize on "Simply"

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Selby View Post
    Hi.
    Can anyone tell me where to find the kindle books when I've plugged my nexus into the computer ? I click On the kindle app and its empty but I have 100 books and want to transfer some to my mums nexus.
    ThanX
    The easiest way is to add that reader to your list of available devices in your Amazon account. Then the files can be downloaded directly from Amazon to the other Nexus or emailed.

The Kindle downloaded files are actually stored in the folder something like /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon.books/ in 'alphanumeric code' named files for the content and cover. It would be difficult but possible to reconstitute them if you could figure out which file was which.
    Last edited by bigtroutz; 01-30-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Selby View Post
    Hi.
    ThanX
    Welcome to the forum, new here myself
    I use Calibre
    Download Calibre to your computer, copy your eBooks to it by clicking on 'Add Books'
    Then plug in the Nexus 7, after a pause it will pop up as 'device' then just add each eBook to device
    Lots of hints and tutorials in the Mobileread forum, just Google 'Mobileread'

Quote Originally Posted by Quelch View Post
    Welcome to the forum, new here myself
    I use Calibre
    Download Calibre to your computer, copy your eBooks to it by clicking on 'Add Books'
    Then plug in the Nexus 7, after a pause it will pop up as 'device' then just add each eBook to device
    Lots of hints and tutorials in the Mobileread forum, just Google 'Mobileread'
    This won't work. The books on the PC are encrypted to the Kindle ID of that PC, and won't open on the Nexus. Bigtroutz above has it right. Even easier, just log into your Amazon account from within the Kindle app on the nexus, and tap on "Archived items" (both while you're connected to wifi, of course). Then just select which items in your Kindle library you want to download to the Nexus. There's no need for the computer at all.

Just put a Sci-Fi eBook in Kindle format 'mobi' on my Nexus 7 and reading it in the Moonreader+ app
    Any DRM restrictions had previously been removed
    No trouble, simple to do using Calibre
    All those posters in Mobileread are very helpful !