"Acquarium" icon lost.....

derwhite

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the app "Acquarium" on my Nexus 7. I was trying to move the icon to the top of the screen and accidently
"removed" it. The app still shows up in my list of apps. I can't find the icon anywhere, and can't seem to figure out
how to get the icon back. Any help appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Long press Acquarium in your All Apps list, then drag it to your homescreen to re-create the shortcut.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1. To get to your All Apps list, tap the circular icon in the center of the bottom tray.

2. Acquarium should be on the first page of your apps list.

3. Press and hold Acquarium until you see it respond.

4. Keeping your finger on the screen, drag it to wherever you want to place it on your homescreen, then release.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But wait a minute--Acquarium is a live wallpaper. Are you saying that you're trying to apply the live wallpaper, or is there an Acquarium Live Wallpaper Settings icon you want to place on your homescreen?

derwhite

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Still not getting it......... touched center button on my home screen, hit the settings icon, touched "apps", "Acquarium" at top of list, touched and held "Acquarium", it lit up, but can't move it any where. Thanks for your patience and continued help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're looking in the wrong place. Settings/Apps will give you app info, but it's not where you go to select and drag an icon to the homescreen.

After touching the circular All Apps icon on your home screen, the Apps screen should come up. This is where you can longpress an icon and drag it to a homescreen to create a shortcut. If you don't see Acquarium here, it's because it's a live wallpaper, which is a background for your screen that is animated.

To apply a live wallpaper, go back to your homescreen and long-press anywhere that is blank. A box will pop up--tap "Live Wallpapesr." Then you can select from the Live Wallpapers available on your device. Select "Acquarium," and you'll see a preview of the live wallpaper. If you want to apply it, tap "Set Wallpaper."

derwhite

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
B. Diddy. Your are correct, and I can do that. But when I started, I had an "Acquaium" icon on my homescreen, that when I touched it, it started the live wallpaper. In in trying to move that icon to the top of my homescreen, I inadvertantly "removed" it. I thought there was some way to retreive it, or replace it. I can activate the app by doing as you said from my home screen, just can replace the icon that was on my homescreen. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's strange. Most live wallpapers don't have an app icon to start the live wallpaper--if anything, they'll have an icon that's a shortcut to the live wallpaper's settings. If you can't find an Acquarium icon under the All Apps screen (the main screen, not the Settings/Apps list), then you can't place the shortcut on the screen.

Can you tell me the exact name of the live wallpaper? I can experiment with it to see if there's something I'm missing.

derwhite

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
In the App info list, it is simply called "Aquarium" version 3.1 which I downloaded from Google Play. Thanks for your continuing interest. If there is a better description somewhere, I don't know where it it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That name is too general, and there's no app on Google Play that's simply titled "Aquarium."

Go to the Google Play Store, and tap on the My Apps icon on the upper right of the screen. The icon looks like a downward arrow with a horizontal line. Then tell me what the full name of the live wallpaper is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781