Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.2.1 Download status bar no longer showing

Hello, new to the forum. Recently updated my Nexus 7 tablet to 4.2.1 and now it seems like my download status bar has disappeared. When I look at the pull down menu, there's nothing (unless it's written in black among the black background). I know my it is downloading, but I can't gauge its progress which is kinda a hassle if I'm leaving a Wifi area.

Any hints on fixing this?

Default Re: 4.2.1 Download status bar no longer showing

Are you talking about downloads from Google Play or from anywhere else? From what I recall, downloads in progress from Amazon Appstore won't show up in the notification area until the app has actually been installed.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In particular, downloads from chrome. I checked the google play store after reading your reply, and those ones seem to have a progress bar when downloading.

Are you sure it's not simply the fact that the download via Chrome is happening so quickly that it doesn't give you time to see the progress bar? Do you still get the "Download Complete" icon after it's finished?

You could try going to Settings/Apps, select Chrome, and clear the cache and the data. It will mean logging in again to Chrome, and you'll lose any favorite sites you may have stored locally (i.e., not synced with Chrome).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hmmm, just tried that and also a complete factory reset of the tablet. It still doesn't show anymore. This is really weird as it was up and running before the update. Apps downloading seem to be fine; I still see a progress bar when I'm downloading those.

Odd. Sorry, out of ideas!

ROM
    Quattrimus: 4.0.4

HELP: I have the same issue. But my Status Bar doesn't show the clock, downloads and any other notice. HELP!