Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone use overdrive for ebooks?

Just downloaded it, and got my library card set up and stuff and downloaded a book, but I don't like their reader, it takes forever to load the pages, and I would like to try another reader

I downloaded aldiko book reader and it says it supports epub files, but when I go to import it says could not load file

Can anyone help please, thanks

Sent from an orange potato......no, really

Default Re: Does anyone use overdrive for ebooks?

Because of the DRM you either need to remove it or you need to download the books from within aldiko which it can do. Simply add your library as a source in the catalog section of Aldiko.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    Because of the DRM you either need to remove it or you need to download the books from within aldiko which it can do. Simply add your library as a source in the catalog section of Aldiko.
    I just signed in to my adobe account for the DRM thing, still no help

I'm not sure how I could add it to my catalog because the book was from the public library and also I'm borrowing the book using the overdrive app

I've never used it but I know that the catalogs feature of aldiko will let you add a library that uses overdrive. Then you would download your books using Aldiko rather than using overdrive. I would Google for more information on this if I were you.

I check out books from my local library through Overdrive all the time. I have never used the the Overdrive app. I use the Kindle app. I am not sure if checking out the Kindle version of the book is common amongst all libraries. Works flawlessly for me.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by drjboulder View Post
    I check out books from my local library through Overdrive all the time. I have never used the the Overdrive app. I use the Kindle app. I am not sure if checking out the Kindle version of the book is common amongst all libraries. Works flawlessly for me.
    Really? How did you get it through the kindle app?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundtrack to Chaos View Post
    How did you get it through the kindle app?
    Well, I do not get them through the app. I go to my local library's web site, click on ebooks, which links to Overdrive. Browse to a book I want. Click on "add to cart" for the Kindle version. From the cart, "checkout" takes you to Amazon where you choose the device to download it to...

(not a book I plan to check out, just a screenshot to illustrate an example)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by drjboulder View Post
    Well, I do not get them through the app. I go to my local library's web site, click on ebooks, which links to Overdrive. Browse to a book I want. Click on "add to cart" for the Kindle version. From the cart, "checkout" takes you to Amazon where you choose the device to download it to...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8...cd2523148b.jpg
    (not a book I plan to check out, just a screenshot to illustrate an example)
    Oh ok, thanks, I'll try it later