Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: What is the thing you dislike about the Nexus 7 the most?

On some networks, it does not properly go to sleep. On my work network, the device is always kept awake when connected (unless I turn it to turn off wifi when sleeping). On my network at home, this isn't an issue at all. Also, I have problems with the secondary authentication on my work network. It oftentimes won't prompt me to enter the username/password when opening a browser.

It appears to be an issue with ICS because when my last tablet had HC it was fine, then it also had the same issues when it upgraded to ICS.

I hope it gets fixed in KLP.

I find that every now and then my N7 will lag a little bit.. but other than that, I love my N7, it's the best device I've ever used and I carry it around with me everywhere. The screen is perfect for reading books, the gpu is perfect for playing games, the cpu is perfect for navigating the OS.. it's all around a great device and I hope Google give's it some KLP love.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Levolent com View Post
    I haven't even been using mine a week yet, so I'd love to hear from those of you who have had it for months. My personal worst is editing typos. It is SO hard to touch right in a word where the typo is to edit to mistake. Even waiting for the blue tab to come up and trying to drag that around isn't very effective because they don't zoom and shift the bubble up so that it's not under your thumb. That is one thing that was great about my iphone 3GS, it would zoom in where you're touching to drag the cursor around and have a little zoomed bubble ABOVE where you're touching. No zoom AND no shifting means you have to hold the device at a slant to even see a tiny cursor.
    This drives me crazy too. Try Hacker's keyboard - it has arrow keys.

The lag on 4.2.
    Thanked by 2:
    ruger141, dylan808 and opteron7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    Return it that's actually a defect. My first n7had the washed out look. No washed out look on 2nd and 3rd Nexus 7.... :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Too late. Had mine for like 4 months now.

AT&T HTC One X powered by ViperXL 3.2.1

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    The speaker could be louder.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA
    +1

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Interestingly someone said that a headset/mic wouldn't work because the jack is sound only.

Today I plugged a new set of Apple's Ear Pods in and made a call with Talkatone just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by OldDogEyes View Post
    Interestingly someone said that a headset/mic wouldn't work because the jack is sound only.

Today I plugged a new set of Apple's Ear Pods in and made a call with Talkatone just fine...

Yes, you used the nexus 7's built in microphone though, even if you did not realize it...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Quote Originally Posted by tflash View Post
    This drives me crazy too. Try Hacker's keyboard - it has arrow keys.
    I tried HK. While it was OK and I loved the feature to have it run in notifications and force up the keyboard for those times it randomly disappears, it doesn't hold a candle to Swiftkey 3. Split keyboard for landscape is amazing. Every keyboard should have this feature. Heck some keyboards should even have fully customizeable layouts.

My problems:

1. I find the size is kind of awkward for typing. It is bigger than a phone, but smaller than most tablets so no matter which keyboard I use I either find the keys are too small or too big. With my old iPhone I could do upwards of 50 WPM, but with this it's more like 20-30. I guess I'll get used to it over time, but still. Also, like the OP mentioned the text selection and typo fixing is difficult. I use the split-keyboard function in SwiftKey most of the time, but I often get confused with the middle letters from like T/G/V - U/J/N.

2. I wish it had a rear camera. The front camera is completely useless to me. I use the back camera on things to take quick photos and videos and scan QR codes and stuff. That is really awkward to do with a front camera.

Overall I love it, and those are really my only gripes. I guess I wish it had MicroSD, but the 32GB has been enough so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn Rancher View Post
    My biggest annoyance is the power consumption while sleeping. I want something like Windows' hibernate where it's OFF for power purposes when the magnet in a smart case puts it to sleep. Instead, the Nexus 7 seems to be a light sleeper that wakes periodically to do stuff, even if it keeps the screen dark.
    I simply put it in airplane mode when I'm not using it, and have found power consumption during sleep to be minimal.

Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Speaker could be louder, and stereo sound would be nice. Resolution could be better too. But for the price, I can't complain much.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by Didact7 View Post
    I simply put it in airplane mode when I'm not using it, and have found power consumption during sleep to be minimal.

Honestly, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Speaker could be louder, and stereo sound would be nice. Resolution could be better too. But for the price, I can't complain much.
    It's stereo just the speakers are too close together. Also imo the screen is one of the best on the market. 1280x800 @ 219ppi

Quote Originally Posted by Levolent com View Post
    It's stereo just the speakers are too close together. Also imo the screen is one of the best on the market. 1280x800 @ 219ppi
    For a 7", yes. Second to the NOOK HD I think. But I'd definitely rather have the Nexus 7 and not be locked into a proprietary ebook format and be limited to the pretty crappy selection of apps in the Nook store.
    berrydroidapple likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by Didact7 View Post
    For a 7", yes. Second to the NOOK HD I think. But I'd definitely rather have the Nexus 7 and not be locked into a proprietary ebook format and be limited to the pretty crappy selection of apps in the Nook store.
    So why did you bash the screen?

My biggest disappointment is the stock email app. Google should check out the email app on the HTC EVO Design 4g and fix theirs.

It won't let me remove recipient list from a message I want to forward. I know there are clunky workarounds, but really in this day and age?
    It won't let me select all in a folder
    It doesn't have the ability to Empty the Trash folder
    It doesn't play nice with Yahoo Mail account - frequently, it reloads messages that I have already deleted. It doesn't do this with my GoDaddy email account.

Cheers,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rober Basmaciyan View Post
    My biggest disappointment is the stock email app. Google should check out the email app on the HTC EVO Design 4g and fix theirs.

It won't let me remove recipient list from a message I want to forward. I know there are clunky workarounds, but really in this day and age?
    It won't let me select all in a folder
    It doesn't have the ability to Empty the Trash folder
    It doesn't play nice with Yahoo Mail account - frequently, it reloads messages that I have already deleted. It doesn't do this with my GoDaddy email account.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Android email in general is pretty bad.. Seems Google doesn't care about pretty-ing it up.

Why don't images autodownload even though I told them to?
    Why is my signature hugging my email and I have to manually hit enter to put a space?
    Why isn't HTML auto resizing like Gmail?
    Last edited by sniffs; 02-06-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Global Posts
    1,816 Global Posts
    ROM
    VernomRez / ICS / CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    That I don't own one yet
    you still looking for one? i have a 16 for sale
    Palm Centro, Palm Pre +, HTC Rezound, Samsung Galaxy S4

For me it would have to be the lack of rear facing camera, lack of MHL support and dodgy build quality.

I got a Nexus 7 in December after owning a 1st gen Kindle Fire for a year. I was very torn between getting one of the new HD Fires and getting the N7, and in fact I did buy my son a 7" HD for his birthday a couple of months back. I have to say that I am disappointed in the N7's wifi antenna. Both my original Fire and my son's new fire are able to pick up wifi signals in a couple of places where my N7 does not. I also prefer the new Fire HD's speakers and the color saturation of it's screen. Otherwise though, I love my N7 and I haven't had any problems with it!

Oh yea, I forgot those ...

Ooops, wrong place. Mods Please delete.

It's uncomfortable to hold without a case, the screen is too dim, it's smaller but heavier than the ipad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    Note 3
    Note 8.0
    Nexus 10

I'm sure it's been said, but it's gotta be the lack of micro SD expansion. The rest of the issues I could live with.

Quote Originally Posted by ZarathustraHead View Post
    It's uncomfortable to hold without a case
    Completely disagree.

It does not come with instructions on how to convert videos/movies/music to the Nexus 7 format, can anyone advise me on how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've only had my nexus 7 for a week and am still learning so your patience is also appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Would happily trade front camera for a rear camera!!!
    Mini HDMI would be nice, but rear camera would be great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast