What is the thing you dislike about the Nexus 7 the most?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My biggest disappointment is the stock email app. Google should check out the email app on the HTC EVO Design 4g and fix theirs.

It won't let me remove recipient list from a message I want to forward. I know there are clunky workarounds, but really in this day and age?
It won't let me select all in a folder
It doesn't have the ability to Empty the Trash folder
It doesn't play nice with Yahoo Mail account - frequently, it reloads messages that I have already deleted. It doesn't do this with my GoDaddy email account.

Cheers,
Rob

Android email in general is pretty bad.. Seems Google doesn't care about pretty-ing it up.

Why don't images autodownload even though I told them to?
Why is my signature hugging my email and I have to manually hit enter to put a space?
Why isn't HTML auto resizing like Gmail?

Last edited:

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I got a Nexus 7 in December after owning a 1st gen Kindle Fire for a year. I was very torn between getting one of the new HD Fires and getting the N7, and in fact I did buy my son a 7" HD for his birthday a couple of months back. I have to say that I am disappointed in the N7's wifi antenna. Both my original Fire and my son's new fire are able to pick up wifi signals in a couple of places where my N7 does not. I also prefer the new Fire HD's speakers and the color saturation of it's screen. Otherwise though, I love my N7 and I haven't had any problems with it!

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It's uncomfortable to hold without a case, the screen is too dim, it's smaller but heavier than the ipad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Rednaz05

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It does not come with instructions on how to convert videos/movies/music to the Nexus 7 format, can anyone advise me on how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've only had my nexus 7 for a week and am still learning so your patience is also appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Would happily trade front camera for a rear camera!!!
Mini HDMI would be nice, but rear camera would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It does not come with instructions on how to convert videos/movies/music to the Nexus 7 format, can anyone advise me on how to do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've only had my nexus 7 for a week and am still learning so your patience is also appreciated.

This:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+convert+videos+for+nexus+7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

That depends on the original format of the video. Did you download it? Is it ultraviolet? Is it currently a DVD?

If you already have a single video file that plays on your computer, it should work fine. Download DICE player from the play store and it will play almost anything you throw at it.

If you have to convert the file, you can use programs like handbreak on your computer.

You can also check out this article for removing DRM: What if any Digital Copy movies work on Google Nexus 7 Tablet | iTunes video to Android Tablet

socialcarpet

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the rear-facing speaker.

Overall I love this thing, but it would be nicer for watching movies and playing games if the speaker, you know, actually faced in the direction of the person trying to listen to it. I don't really want to wear headphone all the time.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, have always been confused about rear speakers . . . it just doesn't make practical sense. They went the Apple approach with a clean front interface because having speaker holes in the bezel makes it appear not as smooth.

Archos did it really well with front speakers on both sides, but their otherwise build quality sucks.