What is the thing you dislike about the Nexus 7 the most?

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I haven't even been using mine a week yet, so I'd love to hear from those of you who have had it for months. My personal worst is editing typos. It is SO hard to touch right in a word where the typo is to edit to mistake. Even waiting for the blue tab to come up and trying to drag that around isn't very effective because they don't zoom and shift the bubble up so that it's not under your thumb. That is one thing that was great about my iphone 3GS, it would zoom in where you're touching to drag the cursor around and have a little zoomed bubble ABOVE where you're touching. No zoom AND no shifting means you have to hold the device at a slant to even see a tiny cursor.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have to agree with that. My Razr Maxx's Swype keyboard has 2 big advantages over the N7's Swype-like keyboard--it has directional cursor movement keys, and I can capitalize words easily by swyping from the first letter to above the keyboard, and then proceeding to the 2nd letter.

But the HUGE advantage of the N7 over anything iOS is that you can do something about it--i.e., install a better keyboard!

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I wish it had MHL or mini HDMI would make it perfect in my eyes. I have used DLNA when I can but it's not always easy to do so.

blakes278

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, the things i dislike the most is there is no MHL or mini HDMI like what Randall2580 said and maybe that it doesnt have a microphone Jack or rear camera, other than that I love all the features and overall the entire device :D :)

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hadnt heard of MHL.

But the HUGE advantage of the N7 over anything iOS is that you can do something about it--i.e., install a better keyboard!

I love my keyboard, I'm using the swiftkey 3 trial. I dont think that relates to selecting the screen. I'm always going to make typos.

Also, it doesn't seem to continue loading pages in the background when you switch tabs or browsers. =/

Last edited:

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My biggest annoyance is the power consumption while sleeping. I want something like Windows' hibernate where it's OFF for power purposes when the magnet in a smart case puts it to sleep. Instead, the Nexus 7 seems to be a light sleeper that wakes periodically to do stuff, even if it keeps the screen dark.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even been using mine a week yet, so I'd love to hear from those of you who have had it for months. My personal worst is editing typos. It is SO hard to touch right in a word where the typo is to edit to mistake. Even waiting for the blue tab to come up and trying to drag that around isn't very effective because they don't zoom and shift the bubble up so that it's not under your thumb. That is one thing that was great about my iphone 3GS, it would zoom in where you're touching to drag the cursor around and have a little zoomed bubble ABOVE where you're touching. No zoom AND no shifting means you have to hold the device at a slant to even see a tiny cursor.

I dislike the lack of a rear camera...

And as others have said, you should try out some alternate keyboards...

I use Smart Keyboard Pro and LOVE the Custom Auto Text...

I setup 3 letter acronyms for emails / paragraphs that I send often and only have to type 3 letters ...

Check it out:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardtrial&token=yzHPryDR

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My biggest annoyance is the power consumption while sleeping. I want something like Windows' hibernate where it's OFF for power purposes when the magnet in a smart case puts it to sleep. Instead, the Nexus 7 seems to be a light sleeper that wakes periodically to do stuff, even if it keeps the screen dark.

Check your battery stats to see what app(s) are waking it. That is the source of your problem...

I personally leave Wifi on during sleep so that Gmail and Reader refresh...

Mel Cove

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the lack of a rear camera. I can't really use my Nexus 7 to scan papers. Yes, I tried. It was a horrible experience. lol

I also wish I could add an SD card.

Everything else I absolutely love.

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
After reading an article way back when (cnet I think) about how google was selling these at $10 over cost, I think I most dislike all the whinny babies out there who don't seen to understand that in the real world it's "Price, Quality, Speed,.... pick any two"....

CryBaby.gif

bridgett_jenkins

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand the glare on the screen when outside or in the gym, and the fact that everything I download that isn't from the app store is too dark for me to view unless I am in an almost totally dark room.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My biggest annoyance with the Nexus7 is it's lack of ability to show up as a drive letter on a connected computer. MTP is a rather lame substitute.

--
sent via carrier pigeon from my secret hideout

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't like how easily the screen turns on while in my pocket. I've sent quite a few "ahv a7r 2@$ tonight %43^d aaaf" messages to people.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
After reading an article way back when (cnet I think) about how google was selling these at $10 over cost, I think I most dislike all the whinny babies out there who don't seen to understand that in the real world it's "Price, Quality, Speed,.... pick any two"....

http://www.peteandrews.net/site/images/CryBaby.gif

With the next iteration of the N7 in the works, now is a good time for threads like these... the hope is that Google/ASUS improve upon a great tablet... the N7 is awesome but does have some flaws...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08