1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems caching

I have 5 browsers and none of them seem to cache very well. Like you hit the back button or visit a static page again and have to reload the whole thing...

Related issue: doesnt seem to load tabs that arent in focus or browsers that have been multitask buttoned away from. This means it isnt very efficient to tell it to load a page, switch to doing something else then switch back thinking the page woulda loaded in the background. =/
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Problems caching

BUMP!

it's all part and parcel of the fabulous Android intelligent memory management system touted by so many here -- oh wait !

the moral of this story is do your serious surfing on your desktop or laptop if you find the performance on the N7 too tedious.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    it's all part and parcel of the fabulous Android intelligent memory management system touted by so many here -- oh wait !

the moral of this story is do your serious surfing on your desktop or laptop if you find the performance on the N7 too tedious.
    God why so much fluff on here today? Im sure the device is more than capable of doing what I want. I bet it doesnt even require root let alone a custom rom.

if you want desktop performance, use a desktop. why would you think a new version of Android optimized for low battery usage with a 1 GB RAM and newly developed apps is going to perform like a 4-8 GB multi-threaded desktop with a mature OS?

what exactly are you wanting ?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by bigtroutz View Post
    if you want desktop performance, use a desktop. why would you think a new version of Android optimized for low battery usage with a 1 GB RAM and newly developed apps is going to perform like a 4-8 GB multi-threaded desktop with a mature OS?

what exactly are you wanting ?
    I dont expect it to be the same but web browsing should work well on a wifi device. If you keep posting the real helpers might think this is being taken care of already so please stop fluffing your post count here.

lol

you really are a piece of work. well, I hope you get an answer that suits but imo, you are asking for something that isn't available.

as far as post count goes, I could give a rat's ***. I come here to learn and converse. And I will post as many times as i feel is necessary or useful regardless of your wishes --- go take a long trip off a short pier if you don't like it, my friend.

I still don't see that you have defined the object of your desire other than some nebulous "work well" concept or that you understand the limitations of the 'fluff' software that android and a tablet device enforces. The screen "size" limitation alone makes the tablet "work poorly" as a browser from my point of view, never mind the relatively poor performance.

You can keep bumping this but you aren't going to get an answer (or one you like at least). The browsers operate the way they operate...it's not like there's some hidden setting you're missing.

You want it to be one way, but its the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    You can keep bumping this but you aren't going to get an answer (or one you like at least). The browsers operate the way they operate...it's not like there's some hidden setting you're missing.

You want it to be one way, but its the other way.
    +1000

well, as obnoxious as Levolent com is, he does have a point.

however, i suspect that these kinds of performance issues are solvable and WILL be solved at some future point. imo, they are a function of the relative immaturity of the Android OS and tablet hardware.

By the same token, the pace of OS development is furious and the apps are coming even faster. As usual in an area of rapid hardware innovation, the software has real problems keeping up since software is always harder to do than circuits.

Just how many Android versions have there been in the last year or so ? And how many new handheld devices have been introduced in that same period ? So why am I not surprised ?