Plugging Nexus 7 into Nexus 7 with OTG?

SupaLawlCat

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
A random thought just came to me, and I am wondering what would happen.

I have a Nexus 7 with a cracked screen and broken digitizer assembly. A new one is on the way.

If I plugged the broken Nexus 7 into the new one with an OTG cable, would it work as a 32GB storage drive? I can't think of any practical reasons for this do to the size and availability of much smaller storage devices, but I am just curious.

Here is a quick diagram in case you don't understand:
23kc8df.png

Thanks,

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Bow chicka wow wow...! I see some N7 mating rituals in your future! No, but seriously I am also interested in all things OTG so let's make this thread happen! I think it would come down to whether you can get a driver to do this or not. It is the same thing holding back adding 4g or 3g dongles this way, there usually isn't much in the way of drivers.

SupaLawlCat

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
xD

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Since the device is much more complicated than an average storage drive I could see it not being recognized or something.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
best way to find out is plug them in....

I am always amazed at how often I can plug something in to the OTG adapter and have it work but it always surprises me with what kind of device it decides it is connecting...

The iPOD mini connected as a camera -- go figure

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Did this work? I would assume yes, you just have to mount the 2nd one as simple USB storage drive. I'm actually using the 4GB microsd in my phone to install windows on an extra PC mounted this way and booted as usb drive.. :)