Help! Google Play forces music to 'keep on device!'

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why the Google Play music app downloads random songs (just one from an album here and there) to 'keep on my device' even when I don't ask it to? It's just weird, and I have to go through and manually delete the ones I don't want which is time-consuming.

I listen to my stored music from a PC, too. The songs I listen to seem to be more prevalent in what gets 'kept,' but not all of them, and not only them.

Is there a better app for mp3 playback that will fix this?

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Under the Settings for Play Music, is "Automatically Cache" checked? Try unchecking it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why the Google Play music app downloads random songs (just one from an album here and there) to 'keep on my device' even when I don't ask it to? It's just weird, and I have to go through and manually delete the ones I don't want which is time-consuming.

I listen to my stored music from a PC, too. The songs I listen to seem to be more prevalent in what gets 'kept,' but not all of them, and not only them.

Is there a better app for mp3 playback that will fix this?

Thanks!
how do you know that its downloading songs to your device? only albums can be pinned/downloaded. so wondering how you knew it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC