Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Nexus 7 keeps dropping my WiFi connection

I've had my Nexus for about 6 weeks now and at first it was fine.
    In the past couple of days it seems to connect to my BT Homehub with no problems but after a couple of minutes drops the WiFi connection.
    I have to go into settings, turn off WiFi, turn it on again, and then I have internet access for about 2 minutes.
    I have two desktops, and a laptop running on the same router, also a Blackberry. No problems with any of them.
    Does anyone have this problem, and hopefully a solution, or do I have to return my Nexus.

Default Re: My Nexus 7 keeps dropping my WiFi connection

Quote Originally Posted by Pambie View Post
    I've had my Nexus for about 6 weeks now and at first it was fine.
    In the past couple of days it seems to connect to my BT Homehub with no problems but after a couple of minutes drops the WiFi connection.
    I have to go into settings, turn off WiFi, turn it on again, and then I have internet access for about 2 minutes.
    I have two desktops, and a laptop running on the same router, also a Blackberry. No problems with any of them.
    Does anyone have this problem, and hopefully a solution, or do I have to return my Nexus.
    Mine has done similar, though it seems to stay connected longer than yours. Restarting my router and the N7 has seemed to help, though not permanently.

If you haven't already done so, see if it behaves better with a different wifi source. If it's still wonky I'd think about replacing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD