Nexus 7 messes up hotspot?

willisdl

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've only had my Nexus 7 for a couple of weeks, but I've one annoying problem - when I travel, I use either the hotspot on my iPhone or the Verizon hotspot from my job for internet access. Works fine for my laptop, but if I connect my Nexus to it, all other devices get disconnected. I can get my laptop back on by disabling and then re-enabling the hotspot on my phone, or by rebooting the Verizon hotspot, but then the Nexus loses it's connection. Ideally, I'd really like both to work at the same time...

I'm running 4.2.1 on an unlocked Nexus (not rooted). Any ideas how I can fix this? Thanks.

Dave

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Dave. Have you checked the connection to enable more than one user/connection at a time? I have a Verizon hot spot on my mobile phone and when I used it for the first time I had to select the number or connections allowed. Just a thought

willisdl

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I did check that, actually - I tested it by seeing if I could connect multiple laptops to the hotspot (I can), so I don't think that's the problem (or at least not completely).

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
no idea if this will help but it's easy enough to try. try using Portable WiFi Hotspot Free. it's an excellent hotspot app. completely free

willisdl

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but the issue is I'm trying to connect my Nexus to an existing hotspot - it doesn't have 3G, so it can't be a hotspot itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt