How would I pause/play/rewind on my phone from my N7?

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I am going on a long trip and on my SG3 I have the OTG cable paired with HDMI to watch movies and TV shows on the TV. One annoying thing is that if I need to pause it or control it in some other way, I have to get up and do it on the phone.

Is there an app that will allow me to control what is playing from my Nexus 7? I am going to post this in that forum as well since there could be different solutions from different audiences. I was originally thinking I could use XBMC on my phone and hotspot to control it through XBMC remote, but it's not available for the phone on the play store.

Edit: A google search netted the APK of a beta version of XBMC. I set it up but doesn't seem to work with XBMC remote on my tablet.. Must have something do with port forwarding from carrier IP's, right?

Last edited:

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
xmbc is still on beta and can downloaded from here Downloads | XBMC

Edit: I believe you figured it out yourself

Yes I found the XBMC apk and installed it. It is working okay on my phone, video playback has an issue but I will figure that out.

I'd like to control the phone's XBMC with XBMC Remote from my Nexus 7. Otherwise the HDMI cable isn't long enough so I have to get up and go to the TV to pause it or change movies/shows.