1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange Internal Storage Directory Tree

I might not fully understand the setup of the device, but when I use Astro, the default is /storage/sdcard0.
    However, if I go back to /storage I also see /emulated, which contains /0 and /legacy.

When I plug the device into my computer, I have a folder in the Internal Storage selection called /storage which contains /emulated

I have the Kindle app installed and in Astro the /kindle folder appears in /storage/sdcard0, however I do not see it on the main directory when connected to my computer, it is in /storage/emulated/.

How on earth did Google setup the file system on this device. This has to be the most confusing thing ever. When I connect to Calibre, I cannot find the books I send to the main memory of the device, and if I browse the directory tree of the device from within Calibre /kindle is nowhere to be found. I've taken to just saving the ebook files to a directory on my server and using Astro to copy them to /storage/sdcard0/kindle/

Any clarity anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Default Re: Strange Internal Storage Directory Tree

I changed the default directory in Astro to just /sdcard. That way you see the folders and files as you do when you connect to the pc via usb mtp. The 'Internal Storage' under the N7 on the computer is equivalent to 'sdcard'. The emulated and 0 folders in 'storage' seem to just be aliases and are used if multiuser is activated. In Astro, if you go to the /sdcard folder you have essentially the same access to files and folders as you do when connected to the pc. I just ignore the 'storage' folders since I can access what I need through 'sdcard'.

Default Re: Strange Internal Storage Directory Tree

Things became more complicated in 4.2 to support multi-user...

[edit]: Sorry, it was already said... ^^^