Nexus 7 Mail

JimsPhone

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
After some sort of update (not sure which one) I have lost the ability to add new e-mail addresses. The original e-mail app is now missing. G-mail is the only app on the screen and it will not allow any additions, that is not with my skills. Do you think I should hard reset the unit and start all over? Appreciate the advice.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked in the App drawer for 'Email'? If it is there you can put the shortcut back on a screen.
If you open the 'People' app, there is an icon to add a new contact (head and shoulders with a +). Does that not allow you to add a contact? That is a place to add Google contacts.

JimsPhone

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I looked in the app drawer and the original mail app is not there at all. Searched some of the spots easily located and could not locate it at all. Any advice?

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the Nova launcher and app drawer, but I think there was a way to hide, delete, or disable apps in the stock app drawer. Perhaps you somehow did something to it. Try looking for it in Settings > Apps > All (swipe screen right to left to get to 'All'). If you see 'Email' touch it see what is there. If it has been disabled, enable it and maybe clear cache also. If it is not there, you may have to copy EmailGoogle.apk and EmailGoogle.odex into the /system/app and set permissions. You need to be rooted to do that and you need the two files for your OS version. I just updated to 4.2.2 and I could send you the files, but they may not work is you're not on 4.2.2.

Did you look at the People app in terms of adding contacts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835