Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

Good Morning "Enjoylife949"
    4 days ago I posted the main facts which you amplified in your last post

Quote Originally Posted by enjoylife949 View Post
    This worked for me today. It seemed like I was never going to get the update.

Settings >> Apps >> All
    and scrolling to find Google Services Framework. Tap the “Clear Data” button and confirm by tapping “OK”. From there, use the back button to get to the main Settings screen. Scroll all the way down and tap About Phone (or About Tablet on the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10), then tap System Updates. You’ll see the “Check Now” button to have the device check for updates, and you should notice that the last time the device will be reporting it checked was back in 1969 (which I like to pretend is an artifact of time travel). Tapping “Check Now” should result in beginning the download of Android 4.2.2 and update process for many. It will ask you to confirm that you want to install the update.
    This worked for me. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Update arrived here (Michigan) 3:48 p.m. 2/19/13. Install took about 4 minutes including automatic restart of Nexus 7.

Regards,

Jim

Mine just popped up as well. 4:37 EST.

I'm so happy to get away from 4.2.1. It has been an annoying version for me. It would become unresponsive, and using Bluetooth headphones became an absolute stuttering disaster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    1812dave likes this.

Me too. Around the same day!

Thanks man!

Just got mine updated. 8.00pm MST Alberta, Canada.

I got my update and everything went fine, now my tablet is slow as syrup on a cold day. I'll reboot and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    Just tried updating my N7 again, still got a error, here's what its looking like for me. And yes, it still boots up and runs fine, just no freaking update
    Did you ever figure out this issue? I have the exact same problem; I've tried doing the update 3 times and get this every time. I'm rooted, stock 4.2.1, and I've got everything backed up with Titanium backup, so I can just manually perform the update, but I was curious if you found anything on why this error happens when trying to update via OTA.

LOVE THE UPDATE!!! It fixed the problem with audio cutting out when using a BT speaker. Now, pandora over BT works flawlessly, just like my Note 2. On the previous OS release, I gave up using Pandora on the N7, and even my own music files would have dropouts. Also, Pandora over the internal speaker had dropouts as well--just not as many as the worst case which was pandora over BT.
    Samsung Note 2

ROM
    CM7, CM9, Bugless Beast

I just updated my 16GB Wifi Nexus 7 and I am SERIOUSLY disappointed to discover that Wifi functionality is totally messed up!! In fact I would even go so far as to say its BROKEN. I have 802.11g and 802.11n access points in my home and my Nexus 7 doesn't even see the 802.11n access point after the update! Is anyone else having this problem?? I know it's not my router because my Galaxy Nexus is connecting to the 802.11n access point just fine. This seems like a really major screw up on Google's part especially for a Wifi only device. Not only that but I am getting much slower download speeds after the update when connected to 802.11g... I went from 30MB/s before the update to 2-15MB/s after the update. I really hope Google fixes this FAST!!

don't think it's a widespread issue. have you rebooted everything? your isolated issue hardly qualifies as "a major screw up on google's part".
    Samsung Note 2
    mr_nobody likes this.

ROM
    CM7, CM9, Bugless Beast

1. Yes, I have rebooted several times.
    2. 802.11n is not as widely used as 802.11g
    3. Most people that do use 802.11n probably also have 802.11g and may not have noticed that their Nexus 7 was connecting to the 802.11g access point as opposed to the 802.11n access point.
    4. Android 4.2.2 has only just started to roll out for a majority of Nexus 7 owners in the U.S.
    I think it's a little premature to say that my issue is isolated.

ah, my N7 connects at 65Mbps. Speedtest shows 22Mb/s. good enough for me. Just what are you expecting/needing from faster N speeds, anyway??

My laptop, on N, gets, drumroll, the same 22Mb/s. sometimes 24Mb/s.
    Last edited by dave1812; 02-20-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    Samsung Note 2

You might want to be careful what you wish for, as N has a shorter range. better to be connected at 65Mbs than not at all as you get past the limit of N coverage.
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by clashRAINN View Post
    1. Yes, I have rebooted several times.
    2. 802.11n is not as widely used as 802.11g
    3. Most people that do use 802.11n probably also have 802.11g and may not have noticed that their Nexus 7 was connecting to the 802.11g access point as opposed to the 802.11n access point.
    4. Android 4.2.2 has only just started to roll out for a majority of Nexus 7 owners in the U.S.
    I think it's a little premature to say that my issue is isolated.
    Certainly not an isolated issue. Had no issues at all before the update, now i get kicked off wifi about every 10 minutes or so. It will re-connect after turing wifi off and then back on. But really causes a problem when trying to stream video.

Got it this morning! Magnetic cover now wakes up instantly, and everything seems to be smooth so far. Much better than 4.2.1 at least.

ROM
    CM7, CM9, Bugless Beast

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812 View Post
    You might want to be careful what you wish for, as N has a shorter range. better to be connected at 65Mbs than not at all as you get past the limit of N coverage.
    You are right, N has shorter range. But the spectrum is less cluttered so I get less interference. Microwaves, cordless phones and countless other devices all operate in the 2.4GHz range and can affect performance. I live in an apartment building so this matters to me. Regardless, the argument that someone "doesn't need it" doesn't change the fact that N was working fine before the update and now it isn't working at all. After all, I could ask why you care so much about Bluetooth...why not just use a pair of wired headphones to stream pandora. Answer: because you paid for a device that is supposed to support Bluetooth and you likely are a fan of not being tethered to your tablet. I paid for a device that supports N and there is no excuse for pushing an update that completely breaks that feature.

To be clear, I am not here trying to bash Google. I am a HUGE fan of Google. I own many Android devices including the OG DROID, the OG Xoom, the Galaxy Nexus, the Nexus 7 (of course) and even a Nexus Q (yes, I am one of the very few that was blessed by Google with a FREE Nexus Q.... and I love it).... are you starting to get the picture?? Bottom line is that I want my device to work and as I said, I am DISAPPOINTED that the update broke this feature of my device. Which is why I came to the forums. My hope is that if others are having this problem maybe someone can point me in the direction of a fix (hopefully one that does not involve rooting my device....I have rooted and ROM'ed every android device I own except the N7 and my Q and was hoping to avoid that because I just wanted to keep them both stock for awhile) OR that the issue will get the attention of the site moderators who could then blog about it and hopefully get Google's attention and thus get the issue resolved.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Got my nexus 7 yesterday and the update today morning.

Default 4.2.2 Update

Quote Originally Posted by Groid View Post
    I also had no problems with 4.2.1. I updated my stock rom, rooted N7 using cwm recovery and the update file I downloaded from another site. With Supersu and Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, I kept root and cwm recovery through the process. 4.2.2 is running great.
    With Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper did you choose the option to temporarily unroot to keep backup prior to updating? I have Supersu and Voodoo but not sure how to use Voodoo so that I retain my root after update. Currently holding off on update on my n4 until I can ensure I do not loose my root. Any assistance would be appreciated (new convert to Android!).

Quote Originally Posted by dafe01 View Post
    With Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper did you choose the option to temporarily unroot to keep backup prior to updating? I have Supersu and Voodoo but not sure how to use Voodoo so that I retain my root after update. Currently holding off on update on my n4 until I can ensure I do not loose my root. Any assistance would be appreciated (new convert to Android!).
    In Voodoo Root Keeper, choose to 'protect root'. Install the update, when tab reboots, open Voodoo and choose 'protect root' again.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

My NFC process has crashed twice since the update and required me to restart the tablet and it never happened before.

I use NFC tags and it would do nothing when tapping it. Trying to toggle it on and off would cause a force close of the toggle app.

In OTA Rootkeeper, before applying the update make sure to protect root. Then afterwards use Rootkeeper to restore root if it's been lost. There is no reason to unroot before applying the update.

Got the 4.2.2 system update last evening in Vancouver BC.So far so good.

Just tried updating my N7 again, still got a error, here's what its looking like for me. And yes, it still boots up and runs fine, just no freaking update

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4.2.2 Update-20130214_163520.jpg
    Anyone else having this same problem? I have a non-rooted Nexus 7 and am experiencing the same thing. Even after a factory reset I still have the same problem.

Please help me! Not even sure what to do/try now.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast