Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Default Re: 4.2.2 Update

Took me 6 or 7 times using the “Google framework services" method described above and 4.2.2 is downloading now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

The screen flicker seems to be completely gone although I've only been using it for 10 mins since download

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by tmaze View Post
    Notification and Settings shades now stay put - small but welcome change.
    Amen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    pugnuttt likes this.

Tested low light and screen flicker seems to be gone. Like the update a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeChordMonte View Post
    Tested low light and screen flicker seems to be gone. Like the update a lot.

It's still there for me, but a lot less than it used to be. It's almost gone so I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
    Anyone that has gotten the update and uses HD Widgets know if the update fixed the rebooting issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Unfortunately it did not. I had held off on updating HD Widgets and updated the app after I installed 4.2.2 and it still rebooted

Thanked by:

after update 4.2.2 , i can't update apps from googe play anymore............its saying "error retrieving information from server " ....please help..

Took several attempts on both but got the update to load on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.

Just received 4.2.2 update on my Nexus 7 16gb wifi. It installed and ran through the apps updates and rebooted. During boot, popup msg. appeared stating 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.' Report or OK are the two responses. Neither of these two responses results in anything other then a loop back to the same error message. Can anyone please point me to a recovery method back to 4.2.1. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shontrashi View Post
    after update 4.2.2 , i can't update apps from googe play anymore............its saying "error retrieving information from server " ....please help..
    Remove your Google account under accounts and then put it back in and sign in. That should do it.

Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Just finished the 4th attempt of the Framework method and got it downloaded/installed here in Alabama. Coincidentally it also downloaded MyContactsBackup.
    Nexus 7 Tablet 32GB WiFi 3G

How long before we see the fixes in this update merged into CM 10.1?

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

Might just be some oddity that happened but, my radio on my Nexus 4 isn't working after I side loaded the 4.2.2 update :-( Trying to flash the factory image now...

I was waiting for the update as well. Then I found a post that said:
    1) go to settings, applications, all apps
    2) Select Google Services Framework
    3) Force Close
    4) Clear Data
    5) go back to settings/about phone (tablet in my case) and check for updates.

My update popped up right away.

This does factory reset your tablet/phone, though, so make backups of anything you want to keep.

:edit:
    Credit for this info goes to

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyass View Post
    Might just be some oddity that happened but, my radio on my Nexus 4 isn't working after I side loaded the 4.2.2 update :-( Trying to flash the factory image now...
    Flashed the factory image and sideloaded the update again, all is fine now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brettbesa View Post
    So has anyone actually gotten the OTA yet, or is it just all adb right now?
    I've gotten the OTA update. Clearing Google Services Framework may have played a part of this. I'm noticing swiping the letters on my keyboard is really smooth! The only time it's not smooth is when I'm using Google Now.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by burwil View Post
    I stopped using my 7 because it turned into a slothful piece of molasses. I bought one of the first units. Hopefully this update will give me my old 7 back.
    I took the plunge and so far it seems just as smooth as 4.1.2. I thought there was still some stuttering on the home screens, but it appears to be the Shadow Galaxy LWP; switching to something else fixed that. I think it's safe to update.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

I have a "newer" 32gB nexus 7 and I had the bluetooth issues from the first day I got 4.2.1. No issues since the 4.2.2 update.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Much less lag with my Bluetooth stereo headphones with 4.2.2. YouTube and Netflix videos are watchable now.

I heard that 4.2.2 would fix the long charging times on the Nexus 7. I wonder if that's true because this thing takes 3 to 4 times longer to charge than my first generation iPad.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by jsimpson66 View Post
    I was waiting for the update as well. Then I found a post that said:
    1) go to settings, applications, all apps
    2) Select Google Services Framework
    3) Force Close
    4) Clear Data
    5) go back to settings/about phone (tablet in my case) and check for updates.

My update popped up right away.

This does factory reset your tablet/phone, though, so make backups of anything you want to keep.

:edit:
    Credit for this info goes to
    Glad it worked for you ...But that doesn't do a factory reset.... Used this repeatedly for the last 2 days on my 3 devices.

Got the update on my N7 last night on the first try. Still nothing for my GN and N4.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
    Thanked by 3:
    bc2kJoe H.liljew 

Got the update last night, ran it and it borked my Nexus completely. On boot I get constant system ui has stopped messages. Boot to recovery and I get a "no command" error. Called Google and they had no suggestions other than to send me a new one.

Kind of remarkable. Been screwing with Android for a while and never had a device in which recovery was totally borked.

Everything was stock.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Quote Originally Posted by ctt1wbw View Post
    I heard that 4.2.2 would fix the long charging times on the Nexus 7. I wonder if that's true because this thing takes 3 to 4 times longer to charge than my first generation iPad.
    No its not going to improve it to the level of an ipad. If you want that level of battery you'll need your ipad.
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
    Eduardo06sp likes this.

I can't update or install any apps. Everything fails. I saw someone with the same issue.. anyone have a fix?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast