4.2.2 Update

Pinhi

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Took me 6 or 7 times using the ?Google framework services" method described above and 4.2.2 is downloading now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Pinhi

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The screen flicker seems to be completely gone although I've only been using it for 10 mins since download

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that has gotten the update and uses HD Widgets know if the update fixed the rebooting issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Unfortunately it did not. I had held off on updating HD Widgets and updated the app after I installed 4.2.2 and it still rebooted

shontrashi

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
after update 4.2.2 , i can't update apps from googe play anymore............its saying "error retrieving information from server " ....please help..

Rpister

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Just received 4.2.2 update on my Nexus 7 16gb wifi. It installed and ran through the apps updates and rebooted. During boot, popup msg. appeared stating 'Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.' Report or OK are the two responses. Neither of these two responses results in anything other then a loop back to the same error message. Can anyone please point me to a recovery method back to 4.2.1. Thanks.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
7a2y8ydy.jpg
Something weird after update: My notification shade fills with download icons - literally running across the width of the screen - for files that seem to be coming from a Picasa album. I cleared a cache and rebooted to no avail. Clicking one of the "completed" downloads brings up the gallery with no image.

How can I make it stop?

TJH

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
after update 4.2.2 , i can't update apps from googe play anymore............its saying "error retrieving information from server " ....please help..

Remove your Google account under accounts and then put it back in and sign in. That should do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bamashooter

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Just finished the 4th attempt of the Framework method and got it downloaded/installed here in Alabama. Coincidentally it also downloaded MyContactsBackup.

donkeyass

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Might just be some oddity that happened but, my radio on my Nexus 4 isn't working after I side loaded the 4.2.2 update :-( Trying to flash the factory image now...

jsimpson66

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I was waiting for the update as well. Then I found a post that said:
1) go to settings, applications, all apps
2) Select Google Services Framework
3) Force Close
4) Clear Data
5) go back to settings/about phone (tablet in my case) and check for updates.

My update popped up right away.

This does factory reset your tablet/phone, though, so make backups of anything you want to keep.

:edit:
Credit for this info goes to
How to Get the Nexus 7 3G Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
So has anyone actually gotten the OTA yet, or is it just all adb right now?

I've gotten the OTA update. Clearing Google Services Framework may have played a part of this. I'm noticing swiping the letters on my keyboard is really smooth! The only time it's not smooth is when I'm using Google Now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using my 7 because it turned into a slothful piece of molasses. I bought one of the first units. Hopefully this update will give me my old 7 back.
I took the plunge and so far it seems just as smooth as 4.1.2. I thought there was still some stuttering on the home screens, but it appears to be the Shadow Galaxy LWP; switching to something else fixed that. I think it's safe to update.

jsimpson66

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a "newer" 32gB nexus 7 and I had the bluetooth issues from the first day I got 4.2.1. No issues since the 4.2.2 update.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz