4.2.2 Update

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I heard that 4.2.2 would fix the long charging times on the Nexus 7. I wonder if that's true because this thing takes 3 to 4 times longer to charge than my first generation iPad.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting for the update as well. Then I found a post that said:
1) go to settings, applications, all apps
2) Select Google Services Framework
3) Force Close
4) Clear Data
5) go back to settings/about phone (tablet in my case) and check for updates.

My update popped up right away.

This does factory reset your tablet/phone, though, so make backups of anything you want to keep.

:edit:
Credit for this info goes to
How to Get the Nexus 7 3G Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now
Glad it worked for you ...But that doesn't do a factory reset.... Used this repeatedly for the last 2 days on my 3 devices.

Got the update on my N7 last night on the first try. Still nothing for my GN and N4.

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Got the update last night, ran it and it borked my Nexus completely. On boot I get constant system ui has stopped messages. Boot to recovery and I get a "no command" error. Called Google and they had no suggestions other than to send me a new one.

Kind of remarkable. Been screwing with Android for a while and never had a device in which recovery was totally borked.

Everything was stock.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I heard that 4.2.2 would fix the long charging times on the Nexus 7. I wonder if that's true because this thing takes 3 to 4 times longer to charge than my first generation iPad.

No its not going to improve it to the level of an ipad. If you want that level of battery you'll need your ipad.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I can't update or install any apps. Everything fails. I saw someone with the same issue.. anyone have a fix?

Hoppy063

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
If anyone hasn't gotten the 4.2.2 update yet, I followed these steps and it forced the update. Your results my vary but it worked for me:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework
3. Tap on Force Stop
4. Select Clear Data
5. Head back to the Nexus 7?s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update

Instructions courtesy of - How to Get the Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now

Good call worked a treat, thanks :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

anon(5564484)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
If anyone hasn't gotten the 4.2.2 update yet, I followed these steps and it forced the update. Your results my vary but it worked for me:

3. Tap on Force Stop
4. Select Clear Data
5. Head back to the Nexus 7?s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update

Instructions courtesy of - How to Get the Nexus 7 Android 4.2.2 Update Right Now

Took four tries but finally got the update...installing now. Thanks so much for this info. This forum is the best one out there. Lots of noobs like me learning a boatload from a lot of knowledgeable people.

HisSvt76

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just remove your Google account and log in again . then you can update and install apps again . guess this is a small bug for 4.2.2

Clearing the frame work is what does this mine worked perfect till I tried that. I did a reset and the update showed up as all my apps were restoring themselves won't be doing that again.

liljew

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

3. Tap on Force Stop
4. Select Clear Data

Worked perfectly. I just wonder what I lost when i cleared the data. Regardless, I'm grateful for the tip.:p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TapATalk

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
in my experience, all of 24hr, with 4.2.2, I think it is very smooth and now my N7 is more responsive. Especially from wake up. It also does not lose wifi as it has in the past. I'm loven' it!

Maxx44

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Got the 4.2.2 update yesterday (2/13). Fixed Bluetooth issue. But now my magnetic cover shuts off WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?

ojosazules88

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Spain,got the 4.2.2 update today. My Nexus 7 had been lagging and bit slow recently,now seems much smoother with the update.Overall performance does also seem better now!

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Loving 4.2.2! My favorite part is that it has wayyyy speeded up auto rotate on my tablet.... From an average of about five seconds for it to move from vertical to horizontal previously to about two seconds now.